Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2013 ML350, 2004 ML350
335 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't have an issue with the headlight beam cut off since the headlights in the C are better than those I had in my 1988 635csi and brother's 1995 525i, but since we "traded" cars (my mother drives the C in Hawaii and I have the ML in LA) she says that the cutoff of the headlights (halogens) are too soon, and that they don't reach as far as she'd like. It has been to the point that she had been to the dealer to have them aim the lights upward, but that did little to satisfy her. Aside from a Xenon upgrade, what else is there, and where is a good place to pick up a Xenon upgrade

thanks

·
Registered
W211/W210 Estate /W209/W208
1,970 Posts
I don't have an issue with the headlight beam cut off since the headlights in the C are better than those I had in my 1988 635csi and brother's 1995 525i, but since we "traded" cars (my mother drives the C in Hawaii and I have the ML in LA) she says that the cutoff of the headlights (halogens) are too soon, and that they don't reach as far as she'd like. It has been to the point that she had been to the dealer to have them aim the lights upward, but that did little to satisfy her. Aside from a Xenon upgrade, what else is there, and where is a good place to pick up a Xenon upgrade

thanks
I Would Install A set of EURO Bixeon Headlites!
It Will Take Care of any problems of Night Vision!
I installed a set ..And they Work!!
If Interested In The Euro Bixeon Headlites please contact [email protected] Great prices and great Service!!

The After markit bulbs wont help..And the After markit HID kits will only look good..they DONT have The correct lens or reflector.. The Results are NOT That Good!

·
Registered
2013 ML350, 2004 ML350
335 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks Mark

Thanks Mark

if you don't mind, about how much do the bi xenons run for the C... I do know that they are a little pricey for the M class

·
'00 ML320 Elegance
8,965 Posts
They're...

Thanks Mark

if you don't mind, about how much do the bi xenons run for the C... I do know that they are a little pricey for the M class
Even more pricey for the C-class. I disagree that aftermarket bulbs do not work. When chosen properly, they can help out. You might want to try out the Phillips Bluevisions or the Sylvania Silverstars. Both will be higher colour temperature than the Bi-Xenons, and at a reasonable price.

Performance Products, our site sponsor, now sells Bi-Xenons for the C-class as well, BTW.

·
Registered
2002 C230k
1,246 Posts
Head lights

Since your mom wants to see farther, I would recommend Philips VisionPlus bulbs. The produce 30 to 50 per cent more light than regular halogens. Another alternative is the 80 watt Philips Rallye bulb.

The last damn thing your mom needs are some silly-assed blue ricer bulbs. The human eye sees best in the yellow portion of the spectrum. After age 45, we begin to gradually lose our ability to see in low light. Most of this loss is in the higher (bluer) portion of the spectrum. I have experienced this myself over the past few years. I now need much more light to read.

I am using the VisionPlus bulbs and they do work. I would say they illuminate 10 to 20 yards farther than the regular H7's.

·
Registered
W211/W210 Estate /W209/W208
1,970 Posts
Re: thanks Mark

Thanks Mark

The C Sedan Lites are MUCH Cheaper VS The Coupe Different but Still W203 body.
Please contact Steve @www.mbenz.ml for Current prices

·
Registered
26 Posts
Re: They're...

Performance Products, our site sponsor, now sells Bi-Xenons for the C-class as well, BTW.
...but too expensive...especially considering the fact that the better light emitting eurospec lights can be bought cheaper somewhere else...

greetingz,

1 - 7 of 7 Posts