Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2011 SL550, 2008 ML350
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New to this forum; since my first MatchBox SL, I have always dreamed of owing an SL. Just bought this '11 a month ago, coming from a '09 BMW 650i. Love the SL550 - the BMW 650i was nice, but pales in comparison to this - perfect balance, looks, and plenty of speed. Only complaint - cheap feeling temperature control dials. Other than that - amazing and sexy...

Attachments

·
Registered
2007 SL550
21 Posts
Sweet

New to this forum; since my first MatchBox SL, I have always dreamed of owing an SL. Just bought this '11 a month ago, coming from a '09 BMW 650i. Love the SL550 - the BMW 650i was nice, but pales in comparison to this - perfect balance, looks, and plenty of speed. Only complaint - cheap feeling temperature control dials. Other than that - amazing and sexy...
looks awesome!

·
Registered
2003 SL500, 2005 ML500SE, 2005 CLK500 Cabriolet Avantgarde
249 Posts
Welcome aboard! Nice to see a Bimmer to Benz convert :D! I can only imagine how you must feel with the new ride. I'm sure you take sneak peeks of it, at night :D.

'Not a big fan of the new face-lift but your machine looks gorgeous. Absolute monster with that color, front fascia and wheels! It looks loaded with options. Do you have the panoramic roof option? 'Can't drive one without it :). The SL is a true beauty. I'm glad MB came up with the model.

Enjoy the ride :thumbsup:!

·
Registered
2003 SL500
31 Posts
Unlike a lot of others, I love the new body style and think its the best looking one yet (even better than the proposed replacement coming in 2012)!

Nice car! :)

·
Registered
2011 SL550, 2008 ML350
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Unlike a lot of others, I love the new body style and think its the best looking one yet (even better than the proposed replacement coming in 2012)!

Nice car! :)
Thanks for all of the positive comments.

I had a chance to really driver her yesterday with the top down, and all I can say is - damn! I have owned a 650i and an '08 XKR and this SL simply stated - kills those two. Honestly, it drives through the twisties like its on rails. Handles waaay better than the 650i and the fit-and-finish is superior to that of the Jag's.

And to top it all off, I got 4 "thumbs-up" :thumbsup::thumbsup:yesterday when I was tooling around. :cool:

Airscarf works nicely in conjunction with the heated seats and road noise is minimal with the top up. Top down, buffeting is much less than in the Jag, about the same as the 650i.

Man, I can't stop grinning...:D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts