1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
Golf R32 / Prev R170 SLK
6,821 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Following on from the blocked drains thread
http://www.benzworld.org/forums/r170-slk-class/1300402-rear-drain-problem.html

I had already used stainless flywire on the front vents, pix show how well it works, airline or hose just blows the crap off.

My rears too had had the problem noted in thread above , SO, tonight I made screens for the inside of cover.
Carefully lift the screens out.
I used the same stainless flywire, cut into a rectangle about 20mm larger than base hole, tapered the corners, bent into a 'U' , bent in ends and formed it into place using small plier handles. Then I smeared a thin layer of silicone sealant along edges to prevent them falling out. When set just carefully pop back in.

Water restrictions down under, NO car washing allowed ATM :crybaby2:
Bazzle

Attachments

·
Registered
1997, SLK 200
371 Posts
Great. Looking forward to be doing my self only the weather turns warmer. My trunk is always getting wet, so I believe the drains are filled up.

Question: When I open the trunk on a wet day, water comes running down from the lock of the trunk (the top locking, on the part you lift up). You think this can be because of a drain problem, or maybe that it's a lot of condense in the trunk? It's winther now and i really have no way of drying it completely, so the car has some condense.

·
Registered
Two 1998 SLK230s, 2003 SLK230 SE, 2002 ML320
920 Posts
Water restrictions down under, NO car washing allowed ATM
Good job Bazzle - useful as always. Water getting in isn't a problem here with our drought.
I have in the past used the waterless emulsifier wash/waxes that are around to keep the car clean. Spray on & wipe dirt off with one soft cloth and polish with a second. They're pretty good if used sparingly, don't scratch and give a nice shine to the car. We're presently still allowed to use a bucket - no hoses - in Sydney with our level 3 water restrictions, so things aren't absolutely desparate yet. Don't leave flying fox (bat) poop on the car though - it will take the paint off.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts