Mercedes-Benz Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1987 560SL midnight blue on grey; 2003 20th AE Volkswagen GTI Imola Yellow;
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got 5 gallons of this...

judging from this, do i need to take the tank out and clean it? still a newbie and in the first stages of my restoration.
any help is appreciated.

87 560 sl.

·
Registered
1986 560SL w/ 190k
78 Posts
I cant view the pics here at work, but I got a bunch of crap in my car too, I'm doing the same thing as you to my 1986 560SL. How long has your car been sitting? (I'm assuming it was sitting)

·
Outstanding Contributor , Bob's Your Uncle!
83 280 SL- 5 speed-The PIG
32,143 Posts
I got 5 gallons of this...

judging from this, do i need to take the tank out and clean it? still a newbie and in the first stages of my restoration.
any help is appreciated.

87 560 sl.
Well, if you take the tank strainer out you get a finger in there or an inspection mirror and take a look.
You might get away with flushing it yourself.
I would be more concerned with the rest of the fuel system ie. fuel lines, pump, filter , injectors etc.

·
Registered
1987 560SL midnight blue on grey; 2003 20th AE Volkswagen GTI Imola Yellow;
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
im working on the fuel filter and the pumps working my way up. this may sound stupid, but how do I flush the tank? I mean is there as certain way, chemicals to use? I did a search but not much turned up.

thanks

·
Outstanding Contributor , Bob's Your Uncle!
83 280 SL- 5 speed-The PIG
32,143 Posts
im working on the fuel filter and the pumps working my way up. this may sound stupid, but how do I flush the tank? I mean is there as certain way, chemicals to use? I did a search but not much turned up.

thanks
First you got to determine how dirty it actually is. If it is really gunged up, you might need to remove it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts