Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
I

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are C32s race track ready stock? Can they withstand 1/4 mile runs all night long?

·
Registered
Porsche Boxster S
3 Posts
Stock C32

You can take a stock C32 to many drivers ed events at racetracks all around the country. Once you learn to get fast around the track, you can modify a little or a lot. If you do drags all night, the car will likely be fine, but you will wear your clutch substantially.

·
Registered
Porsche Boxster S
3 Posts
Stock C32

You can take a stock C32 to many drivers ed events at racetracks all around the country. Once you learn to get fast around the track, you can modify a little or a lot. If you do drags all night, the car will likely be fine, but you will wear your clutch substantially.

·
Registered
300TD,C32AMG
45 Posts
What catalog do I need

so I can put a clutch in my C32?.Will a clutch installation result in better ET's,or just more tire smoke?...[:0]

·
Registered
2008 E350 AMG Sport Package, P2
505 Posts
C32

Im sure you having fun with your car. Im waiting for the E500 and then take it to Renntech to upgrade to the Low Boost Supercharger. What other mods have u done with ur C32. I saw one in action at the dealer and who ever was driving it peeled off and that little sucker was quick. At times I wonder... C32 or E500.... But they are all Mercedes
[:D]

·
Registered
1999 SLK230/ 2006 Passat/ 1995 Bronco (Prerunner)
413 Posts
Re: It's stock

Ask N.M.M. what he has turned at the track.....I'd tell you but...............he might kill me.

and will remain so until I can resolve my traction issues.Best pass so far is 13.6 @106mph.

·
Registered
'05 330i ZHP
1,036 Posts
hey v8mbp, why dont you get an E 55 or wait for the C 55 to come out, instead of getting an upgrade that kills your engine after 20k miles?

·
Registered
2004 SL55 AMG
14 Posts
Well the C32 has clutch packs. These will wear. All automatic transmissions have clutch packs. But they will wear very slowly. So yes a C32 could do numerous 1/4 runs with no noticable effects. I would think of upgrading the tranny cooler if you do decide to do multiple runs.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts