·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi
Suddenly I can start or turn the ignition First start in the morning
e320 from 1999 euro version

Mercedes benz dealer told me there are 3 parts damage
One is the smart key, a mechanical key, the other i cant remember the name but is were the smartkey is introduce, and some module it cost near $ 2000
They have my car 3 month at the MB dealer. For me sound incredible
Can u help me in this is correct the price, is necessary change all of the above part. Sorry about my english
Thanks in advance
Felipillo

·
Premium Member
2001 E320 - Brilliant Silver/Ash: 107,000+
17,193 Posts
Hi
Suddenly I can start or turn the ignition First start in the morning
e320 from 1999 euro version

Mercedes benz dealer told me there are 3 parts damage
One is the smart key, a mechanical key, the other i cant remember the name but is were the smartkey is introduce, and some module it cost near $ 2000
They have my car 3 month at the MB dealer. For me sound incredible
Can u help me in this is correct the price, is necessary change all of the above part. Sorry about my english Thanks in advance Felipillo
Your english is fine and I compliment you; I undersatand you perfectly.

Can you start the car later in the day? You only said you can't start or turn the ignition first thing in the morning. This doesn't make sense that's the only time this happens because none of the parts you mentioned is temperature dependent.

"were the smartkey is introduce" I think is called the ignition control module and it might have gone bad. I don't think the mechanical key has a thing to do with it, but it could possibly be the smart key. Those have a limited number of cycles/codes and stop working eventually. I would begin by buying a new smart key. But before doing that, you might also try having the error codes read, post them here, or look in the stickys for the list of definitions.

Good Luck!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You are right the car dosnt start or turn the smartkey suddenly in the mornig before
it does well the day before. They told me if the smartkey dosnt turn they cant retrieve any codes,it is correct ?? They get two software keys from germany a new smartkey and untill now the
smartkey dosnt turn the ignition
Thanks for your help

·
Premium Member
2001 E320 - Brilliant Silver/Ash: 107,000+
17,193 Posts
You are right the car dosnt start or turn the smartkey suddenly in the mornig before it does well the day before. They told me if the smartkey dosnt turn they cant retrieve any codes,it is correct ?? They get two software keys from germany a new smartkey and untill now the
smartkey dosnt turn the ignition Thanks for your help
OK, thanks for the further info. That is not correct that they can't retrieve any codes if the smartkey does not turn. They only have to plug the car into a diagnostic port and there are two: one under the dashboard near the steering wheel (OBD2) and the other under the hood (for the Mercedes SDS (Star Diagnostic System). What are these German software keys you are talking about?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts