Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

41 - 60 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
8,900 Posts
Dorian downgraded to Category 3 and it looks like it will skate up the east coast far enough offshore to prevent major wind damage. Lots of rain though.

Hearts go out to the people of the Bahamas and the other islands though.

·
Registered
4,188 Posts
Seriously, I hope everyone's battened down their hatches in preparation for this thing, and that nobody gets hurt.

·
Registered
7,562 Posts

At present it now looks like only a lot of rain will be happening for Floridians..(lucky pass maybe..and fingers crossed..)

Let's see what tomorrow's weather forecast update brings...

Now a Cat 2 and no visible eye showing anymore..and heading a bit further away from land....a close call...

·
Registered
269 Posts
Just so you're all aware (in case you weren't) peak hurricane month is actually September
Let's Pray for the East Coast.. it's way too late for the Bahamas..

Been there.. done that, (Andrew, Sept. 92').. My heart goes out to all ya.. who are perched at the edge of your seats, just waiting to spring out your door and head off into nowhere land in your cars.. I can tell you, IT SUCKS.. I-95 backed up for 150 miles.. No motel rooms for the next 500 miles... I hope you've got some relatives inland close by...

·
Registered
4,188 Posts
^^ That's good news. Even though we often disagree, I'm glad you're OK.

It does appear that the coast of Georgia and the Carolinas may get more of Dorian's brunt this time. Southern Virginia should get some showers, so we'll see a little bit up here.

·
Registered
4,188 Posts
And cockroaches. The cockroaches always survive.

·
Registered
4,188 Posts
And politicians.

But now we're just repeating ourselves. :-D

·
Registered
8,900 Posts
Northeast corner of North Carolina getting hit this morning. Dorian then expected to move out over open water and hit Nova Scotia as a tropical storm over the weekend / early next week. (Nova Scotia and tropical in the same phrase - surely some mistake!)

·
Registered
4,188 Posts
Looks like Dorian is going to miss our Nation's Capital. They're forecasted not to get any rain for the next week.

·
CH4S Admin , Outstanding Contributor
39,077 Posts
To mess with the Donald, some of the pundits speculate we could see substantial offers of help from China.
Perhaps in exchange for a Chinese run port, just 50 miles off the US coast?

41 - 60 of 70 Posts
About this Discussion
69 Replies
17 Participants
GreenT
Mercedes-Benz Forum
BenzWorld.org forum is one of the largest Mercedes-Benz owner websites offering the most comprehensive collection of Mercedes-Benz information anywhere in the world. The site includes MB Forums, News, Galleries, Publications, Classifieds, Events and much more!
Full Forum Listing