Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
00 ML320 (sold)
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was standing at the rear of the truck replacing my license plate yesterday with all the doors unlocked (and keys in my pocket) when all the doors suddenly locked and blinkers flashed arming the system. I thought maybe I accidentally hit the button in my pocket, so I unlocked all doors again and watched as the same thing happened a couple minutes later while standing outside the truck.

Can anyone explain what's going on? I've left the truck unlocked to go into a store or even just in my driveway for long periods of time and return with it still unlocked. Does it have anything to do with my proximity standing just outside the vehicle with the remote or do I simply have some kind of gremlin creeping into the locking system?

·
Registered
98ML320
1,278 Posts
It's part of the normal operation of the car as detailed in your manual.

If you unlock the door with the remote then don't open any doors it will autolock and rearm in a minute or 2. To prevent this, unlock the car and open a door. That will stop the countdown.

·
Registered
1922 Ford T no OBD, no ECU, no SCN
37,836 Posts
Yeah. When all home remedies fail >>>> read the manual.

in our case the selling dealer explained it to us :)

·
Registered
00 ML320 (sold)
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys. As you can tell I'm an ask questions or tinker guy first before reading. It's amazing all the little details they built into these things that you don't catch unless you're looking for it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts