Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can someone tell how to remove the door speaker in a '92 300TE? I'm getting a lot of static and want to check the wiring. I can't figure out how to remove the paneling to access the speaker. Does the grill snap on/off or what? <br> Thanks

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Try this...<br>
http://www.mobile.sony.co.jp/sony/result.cgi?YEARS=718&SEND=%[email protected]%82n%82j%[email protected]<br>
<br>
goto page 3/4 and you'll find shematic sketch <br>
of removing rear speakers.<br>
I'm sure you don't read any japanese but still <br>
I believe you could understand what they want to say.<br>
It's 320TE '93 tho..<br>

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have a TE wagon and am interested in removing the front door speaker. That's what I need help with. Anyone know how to remove the paneling or speaker grill? I don't want to tear into it a end up busting plastic snaps, etc.

·
Registered
1990 300D
5 Posts
You have to remove teh entire door panel. Don't pry the grille, it will break.
1. Unscrew the door lock
2. Pry off the molding around the inner door handle
3. Pry off the electric seat buttons
4. Pry off the plastic lock-washer on the seat button shaft
5. Pry off the molding around the seat switch.
6. Remove the 10mm bolt holding the arm rest.
7. Slide the inner door latch assemply to the front of the car
8. Pull the door latch assy straight out
9. Remove door latch pull rod
10. Pry off the panel up by the side mirror (straight out, gently)
11. Remove the phillips screw holding the door catch molding
12. Remove the door catch molding
13. Pry down / remove the courtesy light in the door bottom
14. Lift the entire door panel straight up. You will have to give it a good amount of force. There are 4 metal spring clips that hold the door panel to the sheet metal at the top of the panel by the glass.
15. 3 out of the 4 clips will fall down on your driveway or into the door. Don't lose them.

The speakers are held in a plastic box in the door. You can unplug the speaker and remove the 4 8mm nuts and take the assembly into your garage to work on them.

Assembly is the reverse, jus push the spring clips back on to the sheet metal and put the window gasket back in prior to putting the panel back on. I recommend taking a minute to make sure you have all of the tabs in the panel engaged in the door before you push the panel down to lock it in, or you will have to chase the spring clips again when you remove the panel[:)]

·
Registered
W203 modified
2,033 Posts
Guest (MBNZ) - 4/10/2002 8:24 AM

Can someone tell how to remove the door speaker in a '92 300TE? I'm getting a lot of static and want to check the wiring. I can't figure out how to remove the paneling to access the speaker. Does the grill snap on/off or what? <br> Thanks
The speaker connection point is usually in the door sill from 2000 onwards but I have no idea if this applies to the older cars.

To reach the speaker wiring take out the radio and look at the performance of the entire wiring harness.

What makes you think the fault is in the door ?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts