Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2000 SL 600(R129) 45K 2003 S55(W220) 120K
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hoping I can get some troubleshooting help from the forum veterans. Started with a trunk soft close open failure about 3 months ago, trunk stuck closed, broken closing assembly, replaced. Decided to deal with the soft close issue in drivers door about 1 month ago, a long standing problem, car now my daily driver(air hissing sound, replaced door lock component, seemed to work for about 2-3 weeks). Now have a rare problem with the trunk latch not fully opening from the remote or door switch, and the the drivers door soft close only working rarely.

What steps beyond pulling the trunk lining, checking run time of the pump, resetting from the fuse would be advised, since no noticable air leak in the door is detected, which was there previously.

Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
2000 SL 600(R129) 45K 2003 S55(W220) 120K
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
more info...

I did do some search on the site, followed Skylaw's encyclopedia links:thumbsup: and copy pasted these pieces of advice from another forum(mb world I think)

This Model utilizes a switch located in the pump housing, as well as a time out value. If the door sucks too long, the system will disable that particular door, sensing a leak, and disabling the circuit to protect the pump. If you disconnect the power to the pump (read reset), and all is back to normal then you probably need to remove the pump (NOTE THE pipe locations!!) clean it out and adjust the closing pressure switch.

If however you hear a sucking noise inside the car (I mean really loud) it is probably the lock unit that needs replacing.

PSE Pump Assemblies have had a rev change which requires the PSE System to be reinitialized through STAR whenever the PSE Pump is replaced. The infamous hold-the-remote-trunk-switch-in-the-door-for-5-seconds trick will not work with the newer rev'd PSE Pump Assemblies.

In all likelihood, either a vacuum line or the vacuum actuator is broken in your door. To test the PSE Vacuum Pump, try this test... With the doors unlocked, fully open the trunk. Wait ~15 seconds, then close the trunk lid. The trunk should soft-close properly. Trunk soft-close is independent of door soft-close but uses the same PSE Pump. If the trunk soft-closes, your PSE Pump is OK.

If someone has some additional feedback, it would be greatly appreciated.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts