Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
C320
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know how to take off the door panel? front and back door.. my doorpin was broke and i need to fix it fast.. please helllppp!!! any picture will be helpful also.. [?][?][V][V][?][?]

thank you.. [:)]

·
'00 ML320 Elegance
8,965 Posts
Ugh, it's not easy...

Anyone know how to take off the door panel? front and back door.. my doorpin was broke and i need to fix it fast.. please helllppp!!! any picture will be helpful also.. [?][?][V][V][?][?]

I've removed mine several times and it's not exactly the easiest. You will have to first remove the front "cover" of the door handle by slowly prying it off at the base using a slotted screwdriver. After that comes out, you will need to remove both screws located in the handle. Next, remove the SRS badge and remove the screw behind there (it's a torx bit, IIRC).

Once you have removed the tools, here comes the tricky part. Be sure to roll down your window!

You will need to pull the door panel outwards, starting from the sides and working your way down. A trim removal tool (I used a Snap-On snake's tongue tool) really helps here. After that, you will need to pull up the horizontal surface of the door panel and work it out of the window seal. Basically you will have to use your fingernails and pull it upwards. Once that is done, you can lift the door panel upwards off the seal, and then outwards.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask [:)]

·
Registered
ML320/C320 Sprt
4,649 Posts
drew, how about the plastic pin or rivet are they

the same as the ML, I have plenty pin left over during the ml mod time[:D][:D]

·
'00 ML320 Elegance
8,965 Posts
I don't think they're the same...

the same as the ML, I have plenty pin left over during the ml mod time[:D][:D]
They're attached to the door panel differently, IIRC.

The good news is that the ones on the MB cars do not break anywhere as easily as the ones on the ML. I haven't broken a single one and I've removed the door panels several times now (like the S-class's).

·
Registered
ML320/C320 Sprt
4,649 Posts
cool.....TY Pal;-)

·
Registered
'01 C240
272 Posts

Those damn brabus doorpins huh?

·
Registered
C320
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yes, that brabus doorpins need to be fix, have this happened to you too enry?...

yes, that brabus doorpins need to be fix, have this happened to you too enry?

·
'00 ML320 Elegance
8,965 Posts
Guys, what was the problem?...

Is the pin too short, allowing the "post" inside to fall into the door panel?

·
'00 ML320 Elegance
8,965 Posts
Ack, I thought so...

mine fall into the door panel and stuck ! [:(]
I had the same problem when I replaced my front doorpins with the ones from the C-coupe and didn't press down the stubs far enough onto the metal shaft.

Well fortunately you will not have to remove the seal if this is all you are doing. You can simply follow my instructions and skip the part about the window seal. This should provide you with enough room to reach behind and realign the shaft.

BTW, I forgot to mention that you will have to remove a plastic clip around the door latch area as well; it uses a T22 Torx bit, IIRC.

·
Registered
C320
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Re: Re: yes, that brabus doorpins need to be fix, have this happened to you too enry?...

simple way to solve next time-rubber cement/glue
if i cement/glue it, can i still remove it later on? what kind of glue? brand name? thanks [:)]

·
Registered
2 Posts
The passenger side power window doesn't come down. I'd like to remove the door panel to check. Is it doable with the window up?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts