Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
E420
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How do you access all the screws to remove the drivers side door panel in a 1995 E420? I can get at the top screw for the arm rest and of course the screws for the foot light and the door latch but I cant get to the screws for the main arm rest assembaly, any ideas???

·
Registered
2013 E350 sedan, 2013 E350 cab, 1993 400E sold,1999 ML320
2,436 Posts
Pull off the rear view mirror area by pulling straight out slow if not youll snap the top peg on the piece. Take the screw out for the door latch area plastic take it off. Then the plastic by the door handle for latch and seats. Take out the bolt I think its 13mm if not its 10. Unscrew the door lock pin. Then then fun part. Be careful lift straight up and wiggle side to side. Then you have to disconnect door light wires. At that point you should have door panel off and free.

·
Premium Member
About a dozen 1988, 1989, 1990, and 1991 sedans, wagons, 4Matics and 1 coupe
5,466 Posts
I don't have any experience with 95 door panels but I can tell you that the earlier 124s didn't use *any* screws to hold the arm rest or door panel to the door shell. If there are screws on your 95 they're probably there to "repair" damage done by someone who didn't know how to remove a MBZ door panel.
Yes, there is a phillips head screw holding the latch surround plastic piece to the door shell, but that's it.
And you do have to remove the 2 phillips head screws that hold the seat adjuster switch to the door shell in order to lift the door panel.
No screws through the panel into the shell though.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts