Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Driver side door latch was not working so I took off door panel and noticed the line attachment came undone. But I can not figure out how the line gets attached. It is barely even long enough to reach 'A' or 'B' (see pic) and I even followed line to try to create some more slack but it is pretty stretched out.

Am I missing something to attach the line? Is it supposed to be this taught?

Can someone please explain to me if line gets attached to A or B and is B something that locks the line in place?

THANKS!

Attachments

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Examining closer it looks like part B had an extension that broke off cleanly into the PSE line. Can someone please let me know what my options are.

thanks!

·
Registered
3,461 Posts
I think your only option is to get the part at the dealer. If the price is really ridiculous, then you'll have to try the junk yards.

·
Registered
662 Posts
Its the air line for the locking system.
Bazzle claims to have broken a million of them.
Search on Vacum line door lock.
Maybe that might help.
But i belive he said he taped or glued them back or something.

·
Registered
351 Posts
Vacuum coupling, A2028000453, $2

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks silberpfeil1234 for the part number!

So here is a solve if anyone has this problem.

Part 202-800-04-53 Vacuum Coupling $5.98
(they threw in some of the vacuum line)

*Follow the instructions for removing the door panel
*Replace coupling and attach smaller diameter vacuum line
*Place about 1.5"+ into larger vacuum line on both ends
*make sure all line are securely fastened
*I wrapped some electrical tape around the tube on the coupling side just to make it extra pretty looking and make sure there are no leaks.

I attached door panel and everything works now.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,461 Posts
+1 on sticky.
I was just wondering - shouldn't the vacuum pipe be routed inside the door instead of on the outside as in the photograph. As shown in the photo, doesn't the door cover press on the vacuum line?

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yes the 'official' way is prob routing the vacuum tube inside the door instead of on the outside as I did in the photograph. BUT the way the black tube is laying against the outside door panel made it more secure (in my opinion) versus 'dangling' inside the door. I am not sure how common it is to have the vacuum coupling (tip) break off like mine did but it may be because of that. After I put the door cover back together it worked fine so both ways may be options. If I have any problems in the future I will update.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts