Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I'm a proud new owner of a '07 ML 320 CDI. I love the car, but something's really bothering me. The door panels have plastic inserts where leather inserts are supposed to be. That looks really cheap. I've seen that the facelift W164 has leather inserts there.

So my question is, can these door leather inserts be ordered separately, or the whole door panel needs to be ordered ? Can you give me some part code numbers, if these leather inserts exist for W164 facelift ? And if they fit the pre-08 W164?

P.S. I've seen the Brabus ones, but they are quite pricey. The OEM should be less expensive.

·
Registered
2014 ML350 BlueTec
2,626 Posts
Check..............

Hello,

I'm a proud new owner of a '07 ML 320 CDI. I love the car, but something's really bothering me. The door panels have plastic inserts where leather inserts are supposed to be. That looks really cheap. I've seen that the facelift W164 has leather inserts there.

So my question is, can these door leather inserts be ordered separately, or the whole door panel needs to be ordered ? Can you give me some part code numbers, if these leather inserts exist for W164 facelift ? And if they fit the pre-08 W164?

P.S. I've seen the Brabus ones, but they are quite pricey. The OEM should be less expensive.
Performanceproducts.com. They sell leather door panels for around $499.00 for all 4 doors..

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah I saw these too, but I don't really want to drill holes in my door panel. I would prefer OEM parts from facelift ML or GL. But I need the part codes and possibly some prices for the OEM parts.

·
Registered
2008 ML350 Iridium/Ash
132 Posts
Not sure the OEM panels wouldn't require drilling as well....

This seems to be a popular enopugh topic to merit some in depth solution:

The Performance Product panels do require drilling, are approx. $500, and, as of yesterday, are only available in black, so if you have Ash or Beige interiors...

To any interested parties, let's try and come up with some solid answers. For my part, I will obtain the 'factory' part numbers from MB, and will try and determine fitment.

I am also going to look into having some custom made locally

Brian

·
Registered
2014 ML350 BlueTec
2,626 Posts
My friend........

Yeah I saw these too, but I don't really want to drill holes in my door panel. I would prefer OEM parts from facelift ML or GL. But I need the part codes and possibly some prices for the OEM parts.
l did this on my 2006 ML350....It was not difficult at all.........l'm assuming the OEM ones would have to be drilled as well, unless, you purchase the whole door panel..big buck..take a look at entire link..any questions..feel free to ask...........

http://www.benzworld.org/forums/w164-m-class/1387949-leather-door-inserts.html

·
Registered
2008 ML350 Iridium/Ash
132 Posts
Good past thread.
I agree, they look great and appear easy to install, and if they were available in color 'Ash', they'd have already been ordered and installed.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Look great C-Rod are they standard in Black with white stiching? Any reason why you choose Leather of Alcantra? I have the same interior as you and these looks great!

·
Registered
2008 ML320 CDI 4-Matic
18 Posts
Hello guys, I am resurecting and old therad.

I ordered a used set of these inserts for my 2008 320CDI and it did not come with the hole template. Does any of the members that installed these have the templates on hand and would like to lend it to me for my install. I am willing to pay the To and From Shipping for these.

Thanks in advance

1 - 8 of 8 Posts