Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1987 560SEC
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just had a Viper 1000 alarm installed in my 500sec with keyless entry, and now about once every 2 days my vacuum door locks stop working. I have to unplug the pump in the trunk for about 10 minutes and plug it back it to get it to work again. Anyone know what may be causing the pump to shut down? Anyone else have aftermarket keyless entry problems? Thanks in advance.

Jesse

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
I had a similar problem the other day with my keyless entry. I hit the button, the actuator pulled down the drivers door lock like it should and the pump locked only 2 doors and stopped. It did that twice then it worked again when I tried it and never did it again 3 days later.

·
Registered
1985 500sel and 500sec 2012 E63 1989 Porsche 911
5,241 Posts
jeez i just bought the clifford rsx 3.5, gonna get it installed next week, hope i dont have issues

·
Registered
1985 300sd
445 Posts
My Viper unit works flawlessly. Take the alarm back to where you had it installed and ask them if they reprogrammed the alarm brain to send an output to the vacuum pump for 3.5 seconds. They may have done it already, but I don't know.

·
Registered
1987 560SEC
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yep, has the lock output at 3 or 3.0 sec, don't remember exactly what he said. It's going haywire again and now the passenger door will lockl everything but the drivers door won't. Still no lock function through the alarm. ????
Also, they didn't bypass the factory alarm, could this be some of the problem? Thanks.

·
Registered
1986 560sec
65 Posts
yo
i had the same kind of problem in my sec i would have to crawl into the trunk and unplug and replug in my vacuum pump, i finally got so pissed off with the damn thing that i just left it unplugged, about a month ago i decided that i wanted the locks to work again the rubber surround on the wires had broken off, and i just played with a combination of wires into the holes untill i found one that worked, some would give me nothing some would lock, and not unlock and some would do the opposite. I say break down the rubber surrounding the wires and play around using your remote to see the best combo i bet one will work, i know it sounds unconventional but what do you have to lose? Mine works great now.
My 2 cents,
Jared

1 - 8 of 8 Posts