Mercedes-Benz Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
ML350 2007
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My ML350 - 2007 was at the MB body shop a few weeks back for door replacements due to paint defects and now the door locks click when in the open position and driving. Locking from inside works, but unlocking not always. Any suggestions will be appreciated.

·
Registered
452 Posts
My ML350 - 2007 was at the MB body shop a few weeks back for door replacements due to paint defects and now the door locks click when in the open position and driving. Locking from inside works, but unlocking not always. Any suggestions will be appreciated.
Seems like an issue for the body shop who took the handles off. dont wait too long or they will blow you off.

·
Registered
ML350 2007
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Still waiting for reply from dealer who works with their body shop. In the meantime the clicking has stopped. One thing that changed is the weather; it was raining when the problem occurred and now it has been dry and cold for the last 3 days and no clicking.

And ideas why this has stopped? Thanks

·
Registered
ML350 2007
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Waiting for dealer to look at the doors next week. In the meantime I found error codes in a Diagnosis Assistance System report the dealer ran when I purchased the car. The codes are on the Door control modules both front left & right.

Could this be causing the locks to click and open intermittently?

Codes:

DCM-FL - Door control module front left : Code 9012 "Switch "S15/3 (Open and close switch for rear-end door, driver) remains in the switched state (contacts stick)

DCM-FR - Door control module front right : Code 9014 "S85/6 (Right interior CL [ZV] switch) : The component remains in the switched status (contact sticking) or has Short circuit to ground.

·
Registered
ML550, W212 E350 4 matic, 1966 Corvette C2 convt.
2,675 Posts
Waiting for dealer to look at the doors next week. In the meantime I found error codes in a Diagnosis Assistance System report the dealer ran when I purchased the car. The codes are on the Door control modules both front left & right.

Could this be causing the locks to click and open intermittently?

Codes:

DCM-FL - Door control module front left : Code 9012 "Switch "S15/3 (Open and close switch for rear-end door, driver) remains in the switched state (contacts stick)

DCM-FR - Door control module front right : Code 9014 "S85/6 (Right interior CL [ZV] switch) : The component remains in the switched status (contact sticking) or has Short circuit to ground.
This certainly can and most likely is causing your problem.

·
Registered
2006 ML 350 (my first Benz)
95 Posts
Ive had my 2006 ML for 2 years and yesterday, after a full day of heavy rain, I experienced the same door lock clicking (cycling), both when I opened the doors to leave work at 6pm and when I opened it when I got home a little over an hour later. Its odd, but its rained heavy plenty of other times and Ive never had this happen. Crossing fingers its dried out..

1 - 7 of 7 Posts