Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

Registered
2007 Mercedes S600 US version
Discussion Starter #1
I have an S600 of the year 2007. The four doors locks are unsynchronized. When I lock the doors, the front left, front right, and rear left doors are locked, but rear right is unlocked. When I unlock the doors, the front left, front right, and rear left doors are unlocked, but the rear right door is locked. Any person here had a similar problem. I assume the mechanical part is OK, but it is eight a setting problem or electric parts fail. Please help if you had solved a similar problem.

W220 Moderator
Welcome to Benzworld.
Please update your user CP info....

click on your icon----> click on Account Settings---->
go to Account Details----> add vehicle details---->
ADD your make and model YEAR ---->
Add your Territorial Location ---->
click save

Read ALL of our stickies before posting, especially the New Guy Sticky.

An introduction would be nice too

Then start a new thread if you wish to discuss something specific about W220 S Class Cars

I think you may be in the wrong Forum 2007 MY sounds like you have a W221, in which case this is the forum you need ....

W220 Moderator
No problem, I'll move it for ya ;)

Thank you for completing your profile ;)

It sounds to me like a Lock Actuator problem inside the Door btw

HTH :)

Registered
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Thanks, Dave2302.
Why does the actuator operate in a way that is opposite to what it should be? Isn't the electric control signal problem?

The only similar case that I found from the internet is in the following thread, but it is a different car model.

W220 Moderator
Let me get this correct ....................

You say in your OP that when you press un lock, 3 doors un lock, when you press lock the same 3 lock ..............

I'm not certain about what happens with the right rear :unsure:

The common theme is the right rear door doesn't do what it should when you press the button, therefore the lock actuator is either not working, or if it is actually moving but doing the opposite movement then something is wrong like connections reversed, or it's had an incorrect part fitted ?????????????

TBH I am not all that familiar with W221 C/L, is it an Electric or a Pneumatic system ????????????

If it is pneumatic could be a PSE (pump) issue, if it is electric, actuator or wiring / microswitches ...................

Has the Car had bodywork or work done on that door ?
Bodyshops / Workshops are notorious in UK for putting MB doors back together wrongly ;)

The easiest way to sort out this issue is diagnose it properly with SDS and try the actuations etc, I'm just guessing at scenarios from the other side of the world ;)

HTH,

Registered
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks Dave2302,
The car never had a bodywork. I suspect that it is a software problem too. The driver-side window does not work and I have found the cause and solution for the window failure from the internet. It needs a software update to solve the window problem because of a software-controlled thermal fuse problem.

W221 & Audio Moderator
2013 S550
Hopefully it was a Door Control Module problem (which is addressed in this forum) and re-loading the software solves it. Window problems are often related to DCM software; I haven't seen an out-of-synch door lock problem reported for this before.

Registered
Discussion Starter #9
Skylaw. Thanks. I will bring the car to the dealer next week.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts