Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1985 380SE
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I love my 380SE to death; I have always believed the w126 to be the last real good-looking merecedes (except for the new S-Class to date; awesome).

Anyhow, my rear-right door lock doesn't like to go down; i.e. when I lock the driver's door all the locks go down except for that one. Although, the lock will go up just fine. Everytime I lock my car I have to push down that one lock before locking the driver's to lock the rest of the doors. The lock actually began to work right a few weeks ago; although it's stuck again. My guess- oil/lubrication of parts? something in the way? it's a 1985 380SE. Do I just pour a little oil down the lock? I find I should ask you guys that before I attempt anything stupid :rolleyes:

I can live with the problem; although it's just a little annoying.

Thanks!

·
Slightly creased
2015 ML 400 x 2
16,613 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

If you update your profile, others can provide location/model specific answers to your questions.

The search function may reveal answers to your or similar questions from others.

You will need to get inside the door (very easy) and have a look. It may be a broken/disconnected vacuum line, it may be a worn out actuator, it may be a fouled linkage.

Cheers

1 - 3 of 3 Posts