Mercedes-Benz Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
1997 S600 Coupe Brabus Mono 3, 2001 Lexus LS430, 1991 300SE (mom's car)
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have a 1991 300se (w126). The door locks had been working perfectly until last night when I tried to open the rear door from the inside while it was locked. Now, only the drivers door can open via key (usually they pop up or down with the turn of the key now only the drivers door does). The rest I have to manually lock and unlock (which is very hard to do). I know that probably makes it even worse. Where do I start? What can I do? Is there a way to reset the system? What could something like this end up costing?

·
Premium Member
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I haven't. I assumed when I tried to open the door from inside when it was locked (I heard a pop) that I had broken the vacuum somehow. I suppose I should do the obvious first and look at the fuse.

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
If you don't hear the pump running it's either the fuse, pump or the switch. Once you get the pump running and it still doesn't work then there is a leak in a tube or a blown diaphragm.

·
Registered
1990 560SEL 69k miles (US spec)
18 Posts
ANOTHER DOOR LOCK PROBLEM

Hi Guys,

I have a 1990 560SEL. My problem is on the passenger-side lock.

When the car is OFF, the lock works fine. Press down, all the doors will lock in sequence. Lock the door with the key from the outside... same story. BUT WHEN THE CAR IS ON: nothing.

When the car is ON, pressing on the passenger-side lock only locks that door. If I press down the driver-side lock, all doors lock (including the passenger side).

What is going on???

·
Premium Member
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
If you don't hear the pump running it's either the fuse, pump or the switch. Once you get the pump running and it still doesn't work then there is a leak in a tube or a blown diaphragm.
Thank you for that. It gives me a good "jumping off point". Based on my explanation of what happened, could that have caused these sort of issues?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts