Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1995 C220
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thanks to the good people here at Benzworld.org I was able to fix my driver's side door lock without involving my mechanic or having to buy parts. This seems to be a huge issue with W202's and something that many of you will also deal with. My driver's side door lock stopped working. The other locks worked but the driver's side would not. After a couple of posts here, I received great information from some members who explained how I could rectify this problem. It turns out that there is a rod that goes from the door lock to the vacuum actuator...when I took the door lock out (after great explanation from a post here) I noticed that the rod was missing. It appeared that it fell into the door. I posted again to see if anyone knew where I could buy one of these parts. Another member encouraged me to take the door panel off as it would be an easy fix and I would not have to pay and wait for parts. Another post on here suggested to watch a youtube video on taking the door panel off. I watched the video and followed the instructions. What do you know...the rod was inside the door. I took it out, put it back in the lock securing it with a paper clip, using it as a makeshift cotter pin. I put the door panel back on and voila...it works awesome...

Point of this post...you people rock. This is not the first time I have sought advice here that saved me a ton of money...thank you all for your input. I apologize for not taking pictures of the process...I do promise from here on out to take photos of my experiments and post them here...thank you again...Benzworld.org is one of my favorite sites.

·
Registered
1997 Mercedes C230
113 Posts
yea this place does rock! there have several cases where i look here for info and it solved my and my customers problems so THANKS!!!!

·
Registered
87 w124 AMG, 87 W201, 94 w202, 99 w210
173 Posts
Can you repost said YouTube digest ? I have same issue on my 202 that I just purchased

·
Registered
1 Posts
Thanks to the good people here at Benzworld.org I was able to fix my driver's side door lock without involving my mechanic or having to buy parts. This seems to be a huge issue with W202's and something that many of you will also deal with. My driver's side door lock stopped working. The other locks worked but the driver's side would not. After a couple of posts here, I received great information from some members who explained how I could rectify this problem. It turns out that there is a rod that goes from the door lock to the vacuum actuator...when I took the door lock out (after great explanation from a post here) I noticed that the rod was missing. It appeared that it fell into the door. I posted again to see if anyone knew where I could buy one of these parts. Another member encouraged me to take the door panel off as it would be an easy fix and I would not have to pay and wait for parts. Another post on here suggested to watch a youtube video on taking the door panel off. I watched the video and followed the instructions. What do you know...the rod was inside the door. I took it out, put it back in the lock securing it with a paper clip, using it as a makeshift cotter pin. I put the door panel back on and voila...it works awesome...

Point of this post...you people rock. This is not the first time I have sought advice here that saved me a ton of money...thank you all for your input. I apologize for not taking pictures of the process...I do promise from here on out to take photos of my experiments and post them here...thank you again...Benzworld.org is one of my favorite sites.
I don't see the fix?

·
W163 and General Mercedes Gremlin
3,615 Posts
I don't see the fix?
Welcome rbrown,

happyboy was last seen 2012.
IF you are asking/looking him, highly unlikely he owns his w202 still or is active here.
Start a new thread on your specific issue.
Also try using the 'search community' at the top of your webpage for other threads on the w202 forum and even the w210 forum.
Lastly,
===>>> Update your user CP info....

click on your icon----> click on Account Settings---->
goto Account Details----> add vehicle details---->
ADD your make model YEAR ----> click save

1 - 6 of 6 Posts