Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't know if you noticed this. But if you pull hard the door lock pins you will hear a "pop" sound and the big part of it that protrudes normally will be separated. And the pin will look like a small one about a 1/4" with a small rounded head.
Maybe there is an aftermarket or anther MB door pin tip that can be clippep there. I really don't know because this is my 1st MB and I am pretty new in the MB owner entusiast.

What doy you think about this?

·
Premium Member
2013 C250
7,273 Posts
I don't know if you noticed this. But if you pull hard the door lock pins you will hear a "pop" sound and the big part of it that protrudes normally will be separated. And the pin will look like a small one about a 1/4" with a small rounded head.
Maybe there is an aftermarket or anther MB door pin tip that can be clippep there. I really don't know because this is my 1st MB and I am pretty new in the MB owner entusiast.

What doy you think about this?
Maybe that's what happened to my right/rear side pin?... It's missing.

·
Registered
W204 300 sport
133 Posts
HAHAH weird I am missing the right rear side as well love the way it looked popped off the left side but i cant seem to get the front ones with the same ease as the rear are you sure the front one come off?

·
Registered
2013 C300 Sport Darth V 3.0
788 Posts
From what I have read in past threads the front ones screw off while the rears pop off. It is also hard to turn them, if I remember correctly the person put masking tape around the pin then used pliers to grip it. Good luck.

·
Registered
2006 B 200 .....& Audi A6..
8,198 Posts
Would anyone want to show pics of these on and off pins, and in and out mode, or maybe front and back??
This way we don't have to destroy our doors trying to find out and forcing for nothing.

·
Premium Member
2013 C250
7,273 Posts
I don't think pics will add value or answer questions, regarding the lame lock pins.

·
Registered
2008 C300
58 Posts
The front are screw on the back are pop off. I replace the front with some ebay brabus pins but the rear are pop off so i just left em off. But when the locks close flush now

·
Premium Member
2013 C250
7,273 Posts
The front are screw on the back are pop off. I replace the front with some ebay brabus pins but the rear are pop off so i just left em off. But when the locks close flush now
Thanks for the details of these pins. Next service I'll have the right rear one replaced. So far that's the only defect on the car in 10,000 miles/7 months.

Maybe that's a kid safety feature?:) (the rear pins)

·
Registered
2008 W204
86 Posts
Can you post the pictures of the pins when locked and unlocked? Thanks.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts