Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My daughter's 2006 ML350 has a bouncing door lock for the front passenger door. It usually unlocks fine, but it will bounce and not lock when locking the car.

Today I pulled the whole thing apart and replaced the little spring. The original spring was not broken, though. When I had it part way back together (wiring hooked up), I tested it, and it locked and unlocked just fine. However, once I had everything back together, it was bouncing again.

Any solution here short of just replacing the whole actuator assembly?

Thanks,
Paul

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have the same issue, it sounds like automatic gun going off. I took it apart many times and there is nothing you can do. I was able to "fix" it for a while by adjusting the rubber piece that the steel wire is going through so it does not provide too much counter force to the lock. I'm just waiting on one of these trucks to show up on junk yard so I can replace them that way.

·
Registered
6,652 Posts
Make sure lock pin moves freely. If there is resistance control module will try again four times. After that it gives up and sets fault code.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
When the door is closed, are you able to push down the door pin to lock the door?
Yes. And if I push lightly down on it, it locks, and it unlocks just fine, but jumps up and down when I go to re-lock it.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Make sure lock pin moves freely. If there is resistance control module will try again four times. After that it gives up and sets fault code.
It worked fine with the door apart, but not when it's back together.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts