Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2002 SLK kompressor
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, just got hold of a set of chrome outer door handle surrounds for my slk.[:D]
Anyone know how to fit them?, as they slot in behind the handle, do you need to take it off compleately?, or just losen it off?. If so how?
Thanks all[:D]

Attachments

·
Registered
1998 SLK230
178 Posts
Pull your door handle outwards and slide the surround in between the handle and the car. Do not press firmly on the surround until you have it exactly where you want it as that 3M adhesive is very strong. Also, make sure you have it right side up when you slide it in, I made that mistake as well.

·
Registered
'98 SLK230, 2007 Black E63 AMG
189 Posts
Please post pictures after you install them... I am interested to see how those stick-ons look.

Thanks
PT

·
Registered
2002 SLK kompressor
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the quick reply[:)]I was worried you had to take the door handle off! So it would have been a trip to the mercedes shop.
Cheers..........[8D]

·
Registered
2002 SLK kompressor
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I got them from gericia international, based in London England.
(www.gericia.com) they cost me £47.
Another place I have bought a lot of kit from for the SLK is mercedes performance, also UK based but will send overseas.(www.mercedesperformance.co.uk)
They can even supply a full AMG kit if you want one?.
Hope this helps[:D]

·
Registered
SLK 230
1,007 Posts
commute

Hi Luckyrat....
where is your SLK based ? in UK or on the island !! can't really see much use for it on the Falklands, and thats a hell of a drive to work !
Where abouts in UK are you based ?

·
Registered
2001 SLK 230
1,226 Posts
that website is a joke.....im not gonna mail them my money... this guy a spammer?

·
Registered
2001 SLK 230
1,226 Posts
yea thats what I thought SPAMMER!

·
Registered
2002 SLK kompressor
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I don't know to whom you are refering to as a "spammer"?, I have a life!
To answer other questions, they are chorme, not sure what on?, as my tour here in the Falklands will not end until till next week, and both the parts, and my wifes SLK are in North East England.

·
Registered
2003 SLK230
1,456 Posts
Lucky,

Thanks for the info and I am also going to get the door surrounds. I really do not care what the material is as long as it is chrome. I rally like the look of the pull handle insets. Looks classy to me. Never take anyhting personal here as we all are very different. What branch of service are you in. I am a 24 year USN vet. God Bless,

Steve

·
Registered
2002 SLK kompressor
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Steve Johnson - 5/5/2005 10:49 PM

Lucky,

Thanks for the info and I am also going to get the door surrounds. I really do not care what the material is as long as it is chrome. I rally like the look of the pull handle insets. Looks classy to me. Never take anyhting personal here as we all are very different. What branch of service are you in. I am a 24 year USN vet. God Bless,

Steve
Cheers Steve, I will post a few photos in a week or so when I get back to England. I also have the matching chrome mirror surrounds fitted, the car is black so I think it's a good contrast?.
As for the sevice I'm a helicopter pilot since 75 with the Army Air Corps. All the best.

·
Registered
2003 SLK230
1,456 Posts
Lucky,

Did you get the mirror trim pieces from the same place. How about price. I would really like to see some photos. How does the trim fit. God bless Helo pilots. Damm dangerous job. While on active duty my best friend was a Navy SH2 pilot. When they phased out the SH2 he did not attempt driving the SH60. Nice bird but looks really funky in the front. I love the Cobras. Thanks for your time and thank you for your service,

Steve

1 - 15 of 15 Posts