Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1984 Medium Blue 300D Turbo
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have tried searching in this forum, but have had no luck. My husband's 300SD (I drive a 300DT) has issues with the door handle/armrests. There is a plastic piece that bridges the center of the armrest to the door -- it screws on to the armrest, and to the door frame. Both the left and right side are cracked and do not hold the middle of the arm rest to the door, and as a result, the armrest is loose or comes loose from the door. We broke the passenger side arm rest right off the door frame, at the top the other day pulling the giant, bank-safe door closed on an incline.

What is that part called? I have searched for black arm rests on ebay, and only come up with parts that do not have this plastic doo-hicky. Can I order them? I can't find them at junk yards (I live close to mercedes dismantlers in Sun Valley) -- the arm rests there are missing that part, also.

·
Registered
w126
1,535 Posts
You might want to post a picture of the car/door/panel/armrest. I don't recall there being a part that attaches to the armrest on a 126 chassis car.

·
Registered
1982 300SD, 2001 f-150 4x4-348,000 passed tha benz!!
426 Posts
This piece, I don't know if that is a separate part, junkyard can be a great place to start.

Attachments

·
Registered
2013 MINI Copper S Clubman, '84 300CD-weekend car
10,152 Posts
I had the same issue.

The pics try to show what I did to "restore" the broken piece. As you can see, all the pieces were still there.

I also went to the local bone yard and picked up a couple, even painted one. Not a good match, but I only see it when I leave the car.

One screw into the door, two into the armrest.

Attachments

·
Registered
1983 300SD,2002 ML500,(MBCA Member)
961 Posts
Door armrests

In Gen I cars, there is a separate piece that fastens the center of the armrest to the door ( as in the post above).
In Gen II cars, the arm rest is a single piece (the above piece is integrated).
I have a pair of black arm rests from Gen II car for sale in for sales forum.
Here are the pics.

Soma

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts