Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I get some severe wind noise from the driver side in my SLK from 1998. When I looked in my side mirrors I noticed that the driver door isn't aligned well with the continuation of the door line. Looking in the passenger mirror in that door, the line from the top of the door body continues on to the rear of the car is perfectly leveled. On "my" side the door seems to have dropped down some 5 millimeters. This of course creates an uneven match for the glass to the rubber sealing on the top corner of the glass.

Is it possible to raise the door to have it properly aligned again, and by this way treating the wind noise?

Best Regards from Sweden

Jonas Nilsson

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Interesting links, but I find they discuss the lining of the wondow more than curing the miss-lining of the door to the quarter panel. Is it possbile to adjust the latch on the body, where the door lock grips, so that it forces the door to go 5 millimeters higher and maybe 2 millimeters inwards?

Are the holas for the latch not dictated from the factory? Are they oval shaped to allow some adjustments?

Thanks for your help.

The latch i refere to is this one that has been presented in a previous topic:

BR
Jonas Nilsson
Gothenburg
Sweden

·
Registered
99 230slk
281 Posts
Are the holas for the latch not dictated from the factory? Are they oval shaped to allow some adjustments?

The latch in the picture can be loosened and moved to help cure your problem. It may be however that there are also other factors affecting your door alignment such as the window alignment or the locking mechanism inside the door. I'd start with this latch though as it's the most likely culprit and the easiest to adjust...

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thans alot. I think that this latch is the root cause, since it looks like the door has "dropped" somewhat and just lifting it up by adjusting the latch seems to be a good starting point.

BR
Jonas Nilsson

1 - 5 of 5 Posts