Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
31,633 Posts
LOL, that's great.

(And you have a very understanding wife.)

·
Registered
103 Posts
LOL to tears. Those are some big donuts! And fast! I love the wagons but it is even more funny since it is a very nice looking wagon. I was expecting to see a muffler delete missing parts rusty 300d with home fabbed fender flares.

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
Very clean TD, you must be a really cool Dad too! You should of had your Wife try. She'll get her to spin!;)

Time for some bigger injectors & a larger turbo! Isn't that what the kids do?:D

How many miles on the MB?

Dave

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Two kids in the back seat and two kids in the third row. Three were cheering me on but the fourth was pretty concerned with the lean angle. She very calmly said, "I think we are going to turn over."

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
It has 226k miles. It makes good power and runs really strong, but it is a little dead off of idle. I am doing the valves tonight and will replace plugs and ream the holes while I am at it. Coolest thing about the car is the Henna Red interior:

·
Registered
6,561 Posts
Unless you are removing and refitting the pre-chambers I see no reason to ream the glow plug holes.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I reamed the carbon out of my 300d, and I can't honestly say it made any difference. I DID get a lot of carbon out, and mercedessource claims that carbon buildup around the plug leads to premature failure. I have no way of knowing whether that is true. It was certainly satisfying to grind carbon out that way, so it's probably worth it just for my own happiness if nothing else.

·
Registered
2,700 Posts
adjust your linkage :D

·
Registered
80 Posts
How cool is that place,you can just go for free ?? is it the same place the fastest Indian film was made
love the 300td, henna is so cool

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
I reamed the carbon out of my 300d, and I can't honestly say it made any difference. I DID get a lot of carbon out, and mercedessource claims that carbon buildup around the plug leads to premature failure. I have no way of knowing whether that is true. It was certainly satisfying to grind carbon out that way, so it's probably worth it just for my own happiness if nothing else.
I was gong to say the same about MercedesSource. He designed a reamer that is around 35 bucks. It's for the pre-chamber not for performance just for longer glowplug life, is how I understand it.

Dave

Great seat color, sweet!:thumbsup: Only 226K, good for you!

·
Registered
291 Posts
Scandinavian flick and it'll go round. Gotta use that weight to your advantage. ;-)

very nice wagon though, and i love the interior!

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Yah, good point. With the kids in the back, the wife filming, and tons o' grip, I wasn't going to try my Erik Carlsson impersonation. Maybe I'm just a big wimp. That is a very well balanced car with a little bias to understeer. You have to work to get the tail out. Hard.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts