Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It is supposed to get down to 30 below here tonight, so I thought it best that I check the coolant in the car since it's sitting in an unheated garage. I used a standard coolant tester that said it was good down to 30 below. The coolant had a brownish green color, and I know that these are supposed to have a special coolant, so is that the right color?

Will that be an accurate reading with the difference in coolant types?

Another thing, there is a "pod" on the right side of the console in the passenger footwell. What is that?

Thanks

·
Premium Member
2,332 Posts
If you are unsure of what coolant type is in the car, a flush and replacement with Zerex G05 or the MB Coolant is the best bet.

Could you describe the 'pod' or snap a picture?

- Steve

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Pod pic

There's a picture of the console which includes the pod in my gallery. I still haven't got myself to the point where I can get the pictures in my messages yet.

·
CH4S Admin , Outstanding Contributor
39,244 Posts
Have you changed the coolant since you own the car? If you are not sure whether the correct coolant is in the car, I would recommend a flush and change. To me, the color you describe, doesn't sound right. Have you done a forum search? If you aren't sure how, re visit the 'Welcome to the Forum' sticky.

Attachments

·
CH4S Admin , Outstanding Contributor
39,244 Posts
All to confuse us, no doubt. Pun aside, none of the MB or Zerex G - 05 coolants I have seen over here so far have been green or blue. I hope it's just an Aussie / NZ thing though. The color used to be the easy way to tell which was the good stuff.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts