Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
24,029 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Price controls will lead to shortages.

quote: In Toronto, some of the country’s leading cancer centres are running out of chemotherapy drugs.

From Windsor to Ottawa, pharmacists have seen dwindling supplies of everything from heart and thyroid medications to antidepressants. Doctors are grappling with shortages in common anesthetics and, most troubling, an irreplaceable muscle relaxant needed to intubate patients in an emergency.

And in the western Ontario city of Goderich, 66-year-old Diane Sallows wound up in hospital after the anti-seizure medication she had taken for years suddenly disappeared from pharmacy shelves.

With widespread and unpredictable drug shortages increasing in frequency and severity over the past two years, patients, doctors and pharmacists are all asking the same question: Why is this happening and when will it stop?

Canada News: ?It makes you think there?s something wrong with the whole system that needs to be fixed? - thestar.com

·
66,894 Posts
At least they are using the meds and not hogging them for the rich that can pay for them. Does that sadden you?

·
Registered
3,407 Posts
talven, I read about them sometime ago when rabies vaccines were in short supply (that was due to a plant shutting down for a refurb).

One of the thing taht I read was drug manufactures delete drugs in order to get newer higher margin drugs out the door. That seemed to be the case mostly with chemo drugs.

·
Registered
28,829 Posts
mlfun you fool don't you even read your own bullshit?

In the U.S., as many as 15 deaths have been attributed to the ongoing shortages.
Ha! Don't get sick in the US!

·
Registered
24,029 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I don't read his bs, why should he have too? :thumbsup:
Having problems dealing with the facts again ?

quote: From Windsor to Ottawa, pharmacists have seen dwindling supplies of everything from heart and thyroid medications to antidepressants.

quote: With widespread and unpredictable drug shortages increasing in frequency and severity over the past two years

1 - 9 of 9 Posts