Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
SLK 350 MT
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Inovenda? No... Bendova! The "antenna" is just a painted aluminum threaded stub. It will not work as supplied. I spent the afternoon trying to make it work by using a 3/32" hollow aluminum tube to make my own tiny metal coupling, since the jokers at Inovenda didn't supply the part. It was no problem to cut a piece the correct length and make the remote work from about 30 feet. In order to establish the electrical contact from the center of the SLK antenna base, I had to scrape the paint from the inside of the Inovenda stub. A.M. radio reception? Fuggedaboudit! F.M? Marginal at best, with the signal fading in and out as I drove past trees on my long suburban driveway. The MB whip is back in place, and you can guess where I'd like to jam Inovenda's 9 cm stub. No lube for you!

·
Registered
spåhonsåÿo
208 Posts
Thank's dsballdo for the information. I was thinking of having the shorter antenna for my SLK. If I switch it will be for the original SL type. Very funny ending of your story.[:D]. I would not like to be representing the bendova, sorry, inovenda company. [:D][:D] /Bengt

·
Registered
2005 SLK 350 LE
240 Posts
dsballdo,

Inovenda sucks! I got ripped off from them... I even did a dance after scrapping, filing, and fiddling with the crappy stub.

SL500 stub works AWESOME - but OEM Only.

Inovenda - NO LUBE FOR YOU!

·
Registered
SLK 350 MT
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sergio,
I just filed a claim against them through PayPal, stating that although it looks like an antenna, that the stub is functionless. I urge that every purchaser do the same, so that PayPal and Ebay know that Inovenda is a scam (in re:R171 antenna). By the way, is the SL 500 antenna a solid piece of metal, or is it a rubber-coated coil?

·
Registered
05SLK350 03CLK500
84 Posts
BENDOVA...and haven't alot of us. Anyone disputing their charge? There seems to be divergent opinion as to the functioning of the SL500 antenna on our SLKs.
Does anyone who actually has one on his/her car fully working know the correct part number? And was in dealer installed or try it yourself?

·
Registered
'05 SLK 350
43 Posts
Guess I'm lucky! I also bought the antenna and it seems to work fine. All my FM & AM stations come in perfectly. Doesn't work well on the WB, but I don't use it anyway. Remote works well also.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts