Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

21 - 40 of 15330 Posts

·
Registered
9,154 Posts
When I watch the news I keep seeing crazy people smashing store windows, and cars because they didn't get the president they wanted.
When is your country going to get over this bs?
It's not Trump causing this racist violence, it's the corporate media stirring it up.
It'll continues to happen as long as people allow themselves to be manipulated.

I don't care about Clinton losing, she's evil, and responsible for many, many thousands of Libyan and Syrian people dying.
The warpig should be in prison.
The people chose Hillary Clinton. But it’s the electoral vote that counts, not the popular vote, so Donald Trump will be president. And no, I’m not over it.

No one should be over it. No one should pretend that Trump will be a normal president. No one should forget the bigotry and racism of his campaign, the naked appeals to white grievance, the stigmatizing of Mexicans and Muslims. No one should forget the jaw-dropping ignorance he showed about government policy both foreign and domestic. No one should forget the vile misogyny. No one should forget the mendacity, the vulgarity, the ugliness, the insanity. None of this should ever be normalized in our politics.

The big protests that have followed Trump’s election should be no surprise. You can’t spend all those months trashing our nation’s values and then expect everyone to join you in a group hug. Trump made the bed in which he now must lie.

If a normal Republican had been elected, I could say the polite and socially acceptable thing, something like “I didn’t support So-and-So, but he will be my president, too, and I wish him success.” But I cannot wish Trump success in rounding up and deporting millions of people or banning Muslims from entering the country or reinstituting torture as an instrument of U.S. policy. In these and other divisive, cruel, unwise initiatives, I wish him failure.

I do hope he succeeds in avoiding some kind of amateurish foreign policy blunder that puts American lives or vital national interests at risk. And let me be clear that I am not questioning his legitimacy as president. When the results are certified and the electoral college casts its votes, Trump will be the nation’s duly chosen leader, ridiculous though that may be.

But he has not earned our trust or hope. Rather, he has earned the demonstrations that have erupted in cities across the country. He has earned relentless scrutiny by journalists, whom he shamelessly made into scapegoats during the campaign, and he has earned the constant vigilance of the public he now must serve.

We must watch Trump, and judge him, every single inch of the way.

I have to give credit where it's due.....this is from Eugene Robinson.

Attachments

·
Registered
19,471 Posts
It's pretty easy to spot who has gobbled up the shit, spoon fed to them by CNN, MSNBC, ABC, CBS, NBC.
Snowflakes

·
Banned
23,569 Posts
So Trump is the racist, misogynist, and homophobic?
For wanting to stop anyone crossing the border from Mexico?
For wanting to deport illegals with criminal records?
Lots of women voted for him.
And he's the only candidate that came out as pro gay marriage.
So he's against abortion.
He's for vetting muslims arriving from countries that have radical islam preached by their mullahs.
Meanwhile Hillary was given millions for her election campaign by Saudi Arabia, and Qatar, the same people funding ISIS, why not she's the godmother of ISIS, arming them and sending them to Syria to overthrow the Syrian government, and killing 400,000 Syrian people in the process,. But you don't give a fuck about anything the criminal warpig does in Syria do you?
You don't care she destroyed Libya either.
WTF is wrong with you, that you want someone like that as president of your country?
Trump isn't a mass murderer, and the rubbish spread by the MSM is what has people out protesting, and the fact they're getting paid, and can loot and steal while they smash hard working peoples cars and businesses.
Time you grew up, if you want to live in a republic that gives you a good standard of living, man up and accept the president that won the election.

·
Registered
8,887 Posts
What I do expect is that Trump, unlike the last Republican President, won't be having his strings worked by Dick Cheney, Karl (Carl?) Rove and Donald Rumsfeld or their like. Trump will very much be his own man, right or wrong.

·
Banned
1,917 Posts
Everyday since the election, my social media pages have been full of videos of ignorant Whites flexing what they view as their "newfound mandate" by, for lack of a better term, fuckin' wit' folks. However, for every one of those videos, I see another one of Black people applying the Whup-Ass dance to some racist asshole.

If the racists out there think they can indiscriminately walk up on Black people and disrespect us, please be informed that there are very few of us left willing to "turn the other cheek", particularly among the younger generation. The 60's were almost 60 years ago. Nowadays, the "N word" will probably get you "dealt with" in no uncertain terms.

My advice is don't let your president get your ass kicked out there....or worse.

Dear Racist White People: Don't Write a Check Your Ass Can't Cash
Muslim rel is not in the white house this term most celebrated the election at the time

·
Banned
1,917 Posts
The people chose Hillary Clinton. But it’s the electoral vote that counts, not the popular vote, so Donald Trump will be president. And no, I’m not over it.

No one should be over it. No one should pretend that Trump will be a normal president. No one should forget the bigotry and racism of his campaign, the naked appeals to white grievance, the stigmatizing of Mexicans and Muslims. No one should forget the jaw-dropping ignorance he showed about government policy both foreign and domestic. No one should forget the vile misogyny. No one should forget the mendacity, the vulgarity, the ugliness, the insanity. None of this should ever be normalized in our politics.

The big protests that have followed Trump’s election should be no surprise. You can’t spend all those months trashing our nation’s values and then expect everyone to join you in a group hug. Trump made the bed in which he now must lie.

If a normal Republican had been elected, I could say the polite and socially acceptable thing, something like “I didn’t support So-and-So, but he will be my president, too, and I wish him success.” But I cannot wish Trump success in rounding up and deporting millions of people or banning Muslims from entering the country or reinstituting torture as an instrument of U.S. policy. In these and other divisive, cruel, unwise initiatives, I wish him failure.

I do hope he succeeds in avoiding some kind of amateurish foreign policy blunder that puts American lives or vital national interests at risk. And let me be clear that I am not questioning his legitimacy as president. When the results are certified and the electoral college casts its votes, Trump will be the nation’s duly chosen leader, ridiculous though that may be.

But he has not earned our trust or hope. Rather, he has earned the demonstrations that have erupted in cities across the country. He has earned relentless scrutiny by journalists, whom he shamelessly made into scapegoats during the campaign, and he has earned the constant vigilance of the public he now must serve.

We must watch Trump, and judge him, every single inch of the way.

I have to give credit where it's due.....this is from Eugene Robinson.

What could be worse than the Actions of Bush and Obama On the planet

·
Registered
9,154 Posts
So Trump is the racist, misogynist, and homophobic?
For wanting to stop anyone crossing the border from Mexico?
For wanting to deport illegals with criminal records?
Lots of women voted for him.
And he's the only candidate that came out as pro gay marriage.
So he's against abortion.
He's for vetting muslims arriving from countries that have radical islam preached by their mullahs.
Meanwhile Hillary was given millions for her election campaign by Saudi Arabia, and Qatar, the same people funding ISIS, why not she's the godmother of ISIS, arming them and sending them to Syria to overthrow the Syrian government, and killing 400,000 Syrian people in the process,. But you don't give a fuck about anything the criminal warpig does in Syria do you?
You don't care she destroyed Libya either.
WTF is wrong with you, that you want someone like that as president of your country?
Trump isn't a mass murderer, and the rubbish spread by the MSM is what has people out protesting, and the fact they're getting paid, and can loot and steal while they smash hard working peoples cars and businesses.
Time you grew up, if you want to live in a republic that gives you a good standard of living, man up and accept the president that won the election.
For my own part, let's clarify something once and for all. Ready?? Here goes:

I DIDN'T WANT CLINTON EITHER!! MORE THAN HALF OF THE PEOPLE I KNOW EITHER VOTED FOR HER WHILE HOLDING THEIR NOSES OR DIDN'T VOTE AT ALL, AND THAT INCLUDES ME. But I have too many loved ones that are gay, Latino, Hispanic, Asian. Black, Native American....in short NOT White, male and disaffected while still maintaining their "priviledge." I don't have the luxury of overlooking racism, bigotry, xenophobia, ignorance, misogyny as most of those "isms" are directed at me and mine, not you and yours. Besides, I'm not willing to go "cesspool diving" or jettison my dignity simply because someone says he's gonna give me a friggin' job. I have to be able to look myself in the mirror in the morning.

To make it EXTREMELY personal, I was raised from birth in a world populated by my late uncle, "Budgie", who was born with Down's Syndrome and epilepsy. I would regularly get into fist fights with kids who dared to even call him "retarded" in my presence. To me, he was the Gold Standard for unconditional love. He finally made his "transition" about 5 years ago and I still desparately miss him. When Trump mocked the reporter suffering from a disability, he lost me forever. In my eyes, the words "Herculean asshole" don't even BEGIN to express my feelings about that singular demonstration of gross insensitivity and, honestly, made me begin to hate those that laughed and/or applauded him for doing it.

You are wasting your time trying to villify Clinton in my eyes as I already beat you to it.....but fuckin' Donald Trump was a complete non-starter for me.....and, it would appear, the majority of the people that voted in this last election agreed. His entry into the political arena on Day One was based on divisiveness (that Obama birther nonsense) and I guess he concluded "Why change if it's getting me noticed?" Thus, he based his entire campaign upon the same policy.

You seem like an intelligent man therefore I find it difficult to understand why YOU don't grasp why so many are not only in shock but are openly protesting his "Electoral College win." My position is this isn't exclusively a White man's country anymore nor is it any other individual demographic's country. This is OUR country....OUR president better recognize that simple fact. And, should he not, I'll continue to protest, to be critical, to support causes with my time and money aimed at inclusion not EXclusion.....and to say FUCK TRUMP at every given opportunity....or at least until his actions prove me wrong.

Get the picture?

·
Banned
23,569 Posts
You only had two viable choices in the end.
The DNC robbed you of the election by working against Bernie Sanders, they were so arrogant they decided to push Clinton on to the country, because they felt the democrat voters would do as they were told, and didn't need to give them a choice.
The demonstrators should be angry at the DNC.
As for the things they blame on Trump, you'll have to link me to him being homophobic and racist.
Policing immigration isn't racist, it's common sense.
As is deporting criminals.
Vetting muslims is important, have you seen what's happening in Germany?
I don't remember him mentioning homosexuals, other than he was for gay marriage.
So he said crude things about women, we all have, get over that, I've heard women say plenty about men, it's human nature.
Please enlighten me to what you worry about and why, with links to Trump threatening women, homosexuals, muslims, and minorities?
I just don't see it, it's the media stirring this up, and people not taking their time to find out the truth.
I honestly think Trump will be a good president, although he'll have everyone against him.

21 - 40 of 15330 Posts
About this Discussion
15.3K Replies
147 Participants
Donf
Mercedes-Benz Forum
BenzWorld.org forum is one of the largest Mercedes-Benz owner websites offering the most comprehensive collection of Mercedes-Benz information anywhere in the world. The site includes MB Forums, News, Galleries, Publications, Classifieds, Events and much more!
Full Forum Listing