Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My overhead light console switch that turns both lights on or sets to have them go on when the door is opened has stopped working correctly, its a rocker switch but no longer locks in the position, it sits unlocked with nothing working unless I press and hold it. This is a $90 switch and has never been moved in my 15yrs of ownership so am hoping its stuck and someone here knows a way of reviving it.

·
Registered
18 Posts
My overhead light console switch that turns both lights on or sets to have them go on when the door is opened has stopped working correctly, its a rocker switch but no longer locks in the position, it sits unlocked with nothing working unless I press and hold it. This is a $90 switch and has never been moved in my 15yrs of ownership so am hoping its stuck and someone here knows a way of reviving it. View attachment 2604251
New ones are $30-50 on ebay

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I know I can buy a new one, whatever the cost it would incur shipping and tax as I live in Australia so not worth it to me. The question was does anyone have any experience of fixing the switch. As it stands I have wedged it into the position so the lights come on when the doors are open. The switch does look like it can be opened but I don't want to completely trash mine.

·
Registered
489 Posts
The question was does anyone have any experience of fixing the switch. As it stands I have wedged it into the position so the lights come on when the doors are open. The switch does look like it can be opened but I don't want to completely trash mine.
I never tried to fix them but you can open the switch easily. This is W124, which is similar, small screwdriver on both sides of the pivot should do the trick. Good luck.

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts