Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1983 W123 200T
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My front dome light has three positions. It's possible to manually switch it on with the switch on the light. I expected the other positions to be 'always off' and 'on when doors open'.

Unfortunately, opening the doors doesn't activate the light in either of these two other positions. I thought that the push switch in each front door reveal was to activate the lights. My car has a 'lights on' warning buzzer which works fine when the doors open. I assumed that the buzzer and the dome light were activated with the same push switch, but now I'm not so sure. Does anyone know whether a separate switch is needed to activate the dome light? There looks to be a blanked space available. Car is 1983 Euro 200T.

·
Registered
1983 240d
48 Posts
That's the switch. If you have a junkyard nearby, I'd just source a new light, chances are the timer circuit in the light itself is shot. Somewhere on this site is a guide to fixing the dome light, but it looks like fiddley work.

·
Registered
1983 W123 200T
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Managed to finally fix this. All the wiring had continuity and power was getting to the light when switched on at the light. The wires enter a plastic block which subsequently plugs onto the dome light. For some reason the wires were inserted into the block wrong. Now fixed. I would like a delay circuit now though :unsure: Not my photo

·
Registered
1983 W123 200T
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It's really difficult to remove the wires from the block so I don't know how or why someone would remove them and put them back wrong.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts