Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2001 E320
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All

I'm having a weird thing going on in my 01 E320. Every time I turn right the dome light comes on and the doors unlock. when I straiten the wheel the light goes off. If I turn very slowly lick in a parking lot nothing happens. any ideas?

·
Registered
2002 E55 AMG Obsidian Black with Charcoal
244 Posts
I'm sure someone more knowledgable will chime in, but for now....

Sounds like the car thinks the door is opening (lights and global unlock).
It might be a door switch? Open your driver's side door and look at the door latch area on the body, not the door. Just below the latch is a plastic plunger (switch) probably black in color. Is it loose? Push it in slightly and try to turn it. It should NOT turn.
Try the other doors.

·
Registered
'01-E320 & 02-ST2
31,633 Posts
^^^ Plus one. Someone posted about this recently in the 210 forum (speaking of which, breda65, you posted into the AMG forum, so come down with us lowlifes to where the flavor is, the 210 sedan forum) and IIRC it was that the door had actually dimpled where the switch struck it, so it was no longer making full contact. I don't recall the fix, but I agree with cudaized that you should investigate the door switches, because that's just what it sounds like.

And I'd start with the driver's door, then the rear one on the left since a right turn would be unloading the doors on that side. Of course, with the doors closed look at it from the outside and make sure the doors are closing completely, if not that would be the problem. Door strikes can get misaligned.

Good luck and we'll look for you in the 210 forum.

·
Registered
1999 E55, 2001 E320, 1990 560 SEC, 2004 ML350, 2001 ML55, 1995 S500, 1998 SL500, 2010 E550 Sport zoo
7,035 Posts
"Normally" its the driver's door plunger, and the quick test fix can be something self-adhesive, like a velcro square/dot to see if that solves it... the older series we used to glue up a dime (for whatever reason).

Keep the beat !

1 - 4 of 4 Posts