Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
03 E500
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought an extremely clean 97 E420, black w/ black leather, 17 in. AMG 3-pc wheels, I love the car and plan to add projection headlights from PerfProducts, anyway, Here is an interesting problem: at low speeds under 20 mph, the dome light comes on and all doors unlock right after a hard bump. Is this some sort of malfunctioning impact sensor?? Tom

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have the same issue on a 2001 E430 with the addition that it occurs with med to moderatly hard right turns too (haven't noticed it ever occuring with hard left turns). Has anyone resolved this issue that could shed some light - it's liveable during daylight driving but a definite annoyance at night.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Probably one of your front door switches is malfunctioning. When you hit a bump, it thinks the door opened. It signals the car to unlock all the doors and turn on the dome light -- just as it does when the door really is open. (A rear door switch malfunction would turn on only the rear light and would not unlock all the doors.)

See this thread for a related problem with the rear door:
http://www.benzworld.org/forums/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=1202809&posts=4&hl=switch

·
W210 Moderator
99 E320
5,037 Posts
this is such a common problem (one of many easter eggs)
that folks should just sticky and note symptoms. am
curious what the cost was for the door switch. was it
about $10-20 or so?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts