1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1989 190E 2.6
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everybody,

I was hopeing someone could help with with the following problems:

1. My front dome light does not come on when I open the front doors. (The rear one does when the rear doors are open). FYI: All my under the hood fuses are new (and none blown) and the light DOES come on manually. I DO know which setting is suppossed to work with the door, and it doesn't. For good measure, I tried with the switch in other positions with no luck.... ANYONE have any advice?

2. I recently got this car and it had sticky stuff left over from self-applied window tint. Some idiot (me) used the wrong side of a scrubby pad(the green side of the green and yellow ones) and put several small swirly scratched in the front drivers side window... I smartened up and used the yellow side for the other windows which worked great. QUESTION: Any tips on polishing out the scratches? Any fool proof products, the scratches are many but very light and thin.

Thanks!!!!

Phil

·
Registered
1989 190E 2.6
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I removed the dome light and observed several odd things I was hoping someone would explain. Firstly, I see nothing that might cause it not to illuminate with the doors open (either front door btw). I also saw that there are three seatbelt lights... neat! But mine do not light and the bulbs look ok (not sure). The other odd thing is the little slotted area under the sunroof button, behind it it is attached to a hollow tube! Weird? What is that?

Thanks..

·
W201, W202, W203, W204, W205 Moderator
Amethyst 2001 C320
1,730 Posts
It sounds like you may be having a problem with some wiring that goes to/from the little pop out switches in each of the door frames. If those aren't connected, then it's guaranteed that your dome light won't work.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts