Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Unimog Moderator
250GD Wolf
13,265 Posts
Some say that was build by Dirk @ Unimog Wherehaus, its "Americanized" with all that gawdy chrome and box that just doesn't look right.

It says "65k invested OBO"...I hope that guy knows you never get what you put into it out, because if I had 65k and was mog shopping, I could do better than that.

·
Registered
'78 Mog 416.141 DoKa
3,417 Posts
Some say that was build by Dirk @ Unimog Wherehaus, its "Americanized" with all that gawdy chrome and box that just doesn't look right.

It says "65k invested OBO"...I hope that guy knows you never get what you put into it out, because if I had 65k and was mog shopping, I could do better than that.
That thing is ugly...I's pay MORE if the box was removed :)

If I had that kind of scratch for a Mog, I'd still be all over Truktor's green DoKa (if he still has it).

·
Registered
'76 1300L,HE351CW,H15P Winches,Konis,Hydraulics,All Gears,10mm Plungers,Aftercooler,Lots of Littles
2,674 Posts
For 65K I would buy 2 SBUs...or a 406 AG truck and a Nice SBU DOKA....or a Nice SBU DOKA and a small brush plane...or 2 nice 416 DOKAs and a 404...or a...

You get the idea.

C.

·
Registered
1987 416 Doka
658 Posts
It seems like only a week ago we were commenting about the decline in value of our Mog's - well, it looks like the market has returned!

I contacted the selling last week for additional pics because I was curious what I might do to my doka to add $40K in value. I have to admit, I really like the fuel cell with the steps built-in, but I think I'll stick with my black leather heated power seats...

Attachments

·
Registered
U1300L Turbo x 3
754 Posts
Yeah the safari pattern is ugly - it was ugly when it was new. I helped build some bits of that truck. If I remember correctly it's got an 8 speed transmission. I installed the tanks and storage/battery boxes, as well as the fuel transfer system. I think I added a frame extension too. Unless something has changed since, the running gear is probably average, nothing out of the ordinary or rebuilt.

I will say that the cab is top notch. Dirk re-built all the door pockets and doors, gets everything down to the sheet metal. That cab may have been stripped and re-coated from the bare metal up.

If the guy is asking 60,000 bucks, especially since the bed doesn't even sit on the same line as the cab, then the cab itself is worth 20k. The rest of the truck is probably worth 20k in custom fuel cells, boxes, and decent running gear.

dear god that interior is hideous!

·
Registered
'76 1300L,HE351CW,H15P Winches,Konis,Hydraulics,All Gears,10mm Plungers,Aftercooler,Lots of Littles
2,674 Posts

·
Registered
2015 Rubicon Unlimited (Let the shame be upon me!)
3,823 Posts
It's like someone raided Magnum's wardrobe and managed to escape Apollo and Zeus. Tacky doesn't really come close to explaining it. I'd pay 65k to have the interior burned.

The tank steps look nice and the cab itself looks squared away but that body just doesn't flow with the theme, the lower lines are too low and that window somehow escaped the van crazy of the 70's. I suppose if you painted a sahara scene with burber raiders on camel with some stars it might work but otherwise no. Where's the "Hang 10" gas pedal and shag dash topper?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts