Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys-

I am new to this forum, though I used to own a 190 Evolution II. I am currently doing some research on the W124 E320 (1994). The one I am interested in has 75k and has been dealer maintained the whole time.

The issue is that it has been sitting for the past 2.5 years as the owner is always traveling, he has nly driven it for a total of 114 milks since purchase which is why he is selling it.

What should I watch out for in a car that has been sitting for so long....Pros and cons?

Thanks in advance, this forum is great.

beach5

·
Registered
95 E320 Cabriolet, 140K
1,332 Posts
If we're talking storage problems, first look at the battery. Then keep an eye on brake problems. The rotor surfaces (and calipers) really take a beating from corrosion with nonuse.

I hope the car was garaged all the time. This helps tremendously with keeping storage problems down.

Check for mice damage. They like to chew upholstery and make nests in cars.

Make sure the car can go through all the paces... engine, transmission, and all the things that move. If it passes all the above tests, the car should be good to go.

Once purchased, exercise the car a bit, then change all the fluids (oil, trans, brake, coolant, diff).

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Kestas-

I will probably make the purchase in July, I don't know if this car will be as fun as my 190 EVO II, but I fell in love with the one I test drove!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts