Mercedes-Benz Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
15 ML 250 BlueTec
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Yesterday, I took the wagon out of the garage to top off the windshield washer fluid, did so, put it back into the garage, and there were no problems. Later that afternoon, my son went out to start it, and it would turn over but not start.

I was at work, so couldn't help, but this morning, I went out to check it, and indeed, it turns over just fine, but seemed like it didn't want to fire.

After about three tries, on the final attempt, I actually gave it a bit of gas while it was turning over, and got it to start. The exhaust immediately afterward smelled of unburned gas. It ran fine after that except for one brief moment where it idled slightly rough, like it may want to die, and then it went back to normal.

There are no error messages displaying.

Any ideas on what to check in this situation?

Thanks,

Boris

·
Registered
'01-E320 & 02-ST2
31,631 Posts
Agree with Kajtek1 about reading codes; they can store without setting off the CEL. I can think of a few things but wouldn't do anything until I checked codes.

Hope all's well otherwise, Doc.

·
Registered
15 ML 250 BlueTec
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys.

It is running fine now, but I'd still like to check the codes. It was almost like it was flooded. Does that still happen with fuel injection cars?

And not to sound like a complete ignoramus, but how does one check the codes? Do I need to get a code reading machine? Or is there a work around?

Thanks,

Boris

·
Premium Member
2001 E320 - Brilliant Silver/Ash: 107,000+
17,193 Posts
2 ways to read these types of codes:

1) Buy an OBDII scanner and use the plugin behind that little door in the dashboard left of the steering wheel.

2) Find an Indy with the MB SDS (aka Star) or any dealer has at least one.

I don't think you can flood a FI car unless possibly you depress the gas pedal to the floor or pump it when cranking the starter.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts