Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
E320, ML 320, BMW
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Currently I have a 2001 330ci by BMW and I am in the market for a new car and I was looking at the C320 with 4matic but I have been hearing that they have a ton of problems. Is this true?? My mom has an E class and it too has a ton of problems! But I do know that the C and the E are the most popular cars they make! I am very indecisive and the BMW has never given me a problem. Help me out!

·
Registered
E500S4, C240; Sold ML320, '72 280SE, '67 280SL, '86 300E, '87 300SDL
383 Posts
I have been hearing that they have a ton of problems. Is this true??
one word, NO, they don't have problems. Not anymore than any other car. I am completely satisfied with our C240. Some of the issues you might have heard of have alredy been fixed by this model year and corrected in the older models. Mostly the BAS/ESP light comming on, which was fixed with new wiring; or the turn signal burning bulbs, fixed with a new design. I just had the BAS/ESP thing and it was fixed with no hazzle.

hope this helps

·
Registered
'01 C240
272 Posts
Currently I have a 2001 330ci by BMW and I am in the market for a new car and I was looking at the C320 with 4matic but I have been hearing that they have a ton of problems. Is this true?? My mom has an E class and it too has a ton of problems! But I do know that the C and the E are the most popular cars they make! I am very indecisive and the BMW has never given me a problem. Help me out!
Does a week have seven days?!? My car pays a visit to the dealer at least once a month on average. Just right now I noticed the light in my passengers vanity mirror is out and my DAMN seat is squeaking. You know what though I am just a sample of the population. There are several factors we gotta consider for me. Like my C is from some of the first batch that came out. And mines is a C240. But you know what I DON'T mind. I really truly LOVE my C, and you know as long as my car comes back I don't mind taking it to the dealer. It is fun sometimes[:D] So to summarize GET THE C!!! Get C4, comand, sport and forget about the rest of the options!

·
Registered
2013 ML350, 2004 ML350
335 Posts
compared to our 98 ML, or any of our BMWs

our early-build C320 has had few problems, and all in all we have never had any "serious" issues. Just a few little glitches that were fixed here and there.

Sorry,
See the lower post

·
Registered
2003 C320WZ
33 Posts
No Problems Thus Far

After three weeks and 745 miles, I've had no problems. Then again, I'm driving a 2003 model.

·
Registered
2013 ML350, 2004 ML350
335 Posts
I guess it's my family's luck

They made the mistake twice of getting early build Mercedes-Benzes. I have had several significant issues with the ML and in retrospect it should have been "lemoned" but the C on the other hand has had a couple of minor issues, the most serious is in my "argh" thread with the suspension clunk that "can't be fixed." I've driven the 3 series and don't like it as much as the C even though my family has had (in recent years) 5 BMWs and 2 Benzes. Other than a few glitches here and there it's been better than even some of the BMWs. Just go for an 02/03 model.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I'm happy, so far...

I traded in my 2002 BMW 318i for a new C200 K Elegance a month ago. It has now done about 490 miles. This is my first MB. My parents, brother an myself have always had BMW's.

No serious problems so far. The right rear passenger door refused to unlock about a week ago, but mysteriously fixed itself.

Although I really liked the 318i, I like my new MB better. It has more gadgets (unfortunately more stuff that can break too) than the 3-series and it definately has a smoother ride. Unfortunately, we don't have the xi's and 4Matics locally, so I cannot commend on that. My 318i 3-series did have a sportier feel to it though. You don't seem to notice speed as much as you do in the BMW.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I'm happy, so far...

I traded in my 2002 BMW 318i for a new C200 K Elegance a month ago. It has now done about 490 miles. This is my first MB. My parents, brother an myself have always had BMW's.

No serious problems so far. The right rear passenger door refused to unlock about a week ago, but mysteriously fixed itself.

Although I really liked the 318i, I like my new MB better. It has more gadgets (unfortunately more stuff that can break too) than the 3-series and it definately has a smoother ride. Unfortunately, we don't have the xi's and 4Matics locally, so I cannot commend on that. My 318i 3-series did have a sportier feel to it though. You don't seem to notice speed as much as you do in the BMW.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts