Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In reading the brochure, I am not sure if you get a standard Navigation system with the smaller 5.8" LCD display standard? It appears you cannot get the Multimedia Package without the Premium 1 Package. I really do not want the Premium 1 with it's upgraded audio system, Sirius radio, IPod connector, airscarf etc. I really just want a nice navigation system and preferably one with the bigger 7" screen. Looks like it was available this way for 2012. But maybe not 2013 models. Can anyone clear this up?

·
Registered
2013 SLK 250 (R172)
3 Posts
You have two options for Nav on the 2013 SLK
1) get the MultiMedia package with the 7" screen (>$2000USD)
2) get the Becker MAP PILOT option which will use the standard 5.8" scree ($800 USD... 200 for "pre-wiring" 600 for the Nav module that mounts in your glove box.

I have option 2 on order on my soon to be shipped 2013 SLK250

Cheers,
Duncan

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You have two options for Nav on the 2013 SLK
1) get the MultiMedia package with the 7" screen (>$2000USD)
2) get the Becker MAP PILOT option which will use the standard 5.8" scree ($800 USD... 200 for "pre-wiring" 600 for the Nav module that mounts in your glove box.

I have option 2 on order on my soon to be shipped 2013 SLK250

Cheers,
Duncan
I ordered mine with the Becker Map Pilot too. My 2013 SLK was built on August 21st and at the port the same day and will be delivered to California in mid September.

·
Registered
2005 Jaguar XJ8L, 2006 Lexus RX400h
13 Posts
In place of in-dash sat nav, carmakers should just provide a universal smartphone dock since most people use their smartphones for nav anyway and there would be one less gadget to learn (and go out of date). All calls/music/nav prompts will be routed to the car stereo via bluetooth.
SIMPLE, no??

Cheers,
Wolfy

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I got my 2013 SLK 2 weeks ago. It has the Becker Map Pilot. Seems to work fine. It accepts verbal navigation addressees but you have to speak fast.

·
Registered
1 Posts
SLK 250 AMG Sport - Navigation Module

Hi All,

I recently purchase a 2012 SLK 250 AMG Sport and when i press the Navigation button it mentions the navigation module is missing.

Firstly where would i get one from as i would imagine the dealership price will be very high and is it easy to install myself as i'm not that technical.

Can any of you help.

Thanks
Marc

·
Sith Lord
72 280SE 88 560SEC 92 E500 6.0 95 SL320 14 GLK350
11,813 Posts
I don't believe this is a DIY project.

Not sure if the module is common across MB models, your best bet would be a used one.

Ask your dealer, sometimes you might fall on a good deal.

·
Registered
2000 ML 320, 2012 SLK 250
3 Posts
German ingenuity if they make it that simple technically it would be cheaper than ford. i had same wish when i bought my first three pointed star. i wanted a fully loaded car with 2 lt engine it exist in gemany but not in north america. any clues as to why.......... pricing and marketing strategy based on how people think...... muscle cars........

·
Registered
2001 SLK320 ex Japan.
261 Posts
A dated post for sure but just a heads up.
I have done updates on the MB Nav system in soon to depart W212 E class using the OEM disc. I don't know whether the 2013 R172's use a disc but for sure it was a gross disappointment.
In April 2014 you would think major arterial roads around Vancouver Canada which were started in 2008 would be on the update. The SFPR opened December 6, 2013 and it was not on the 2014 update. On the other hand Google Maps on my phone and my Garmin Nuvi 40LM where right on the mark.
For my money buy a good quality Garmin or similar brand with voice capabilty etc. and life time maps (LM) and save the money on the MB system.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts