Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2006 ML350. How can I tell if it is equipped with a Navigation unit? When I push the eject button on my stereo screen, the screen folds down and there is a spot for one disc. Is this for the Navigation CD's? I also have a 6 cd changer in the glove box.

Additional info: The vehicle came with a sheet of paper that shows a Motorola Control Unit: LCT and also some other specs for the control unit.

Any help would be appreciated!!

·
Registered
2006 S500 4Matic
177 Posts
Can't completely answer your question. I have an 05 ML350 with nav. The fact that your unit has a single CD slot and a multi-disk changer is not relevant. The single slot can be used to play a single CD even with a multi-disk changer.

·
Registered
362 Posts
Your dealer should be able to tell you if your MCS II unit comes with or without the navigation drive. Or else they can run your car's VIN in their EPC to check it out.

If your MCS II unit doesn't have the nav.drive, you can have your current drive swapped for an actual 164 navigation drive. Car will need programming with stardiagnose afterwards.

greetingz,

BigSis

·
Registered
2002 ML320
1,951 Posts
Press the NAVI button... if it says "No Navigation Disc Inserted" then you have it... just no disc... if it says "Navigation Not Installed" then you have no system.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Besides, if on the single slot it writes "CD" then IT IS NOT a navi unit, since all US spec. ML's have comand aps nave as an extra which is only DVD based. If ti writes "DVD", you do have navigation.

Zisis

1 - 5 of 5 Posts