Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1988 560SL, 2005 BMW X3
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been wondering about this for a while. I didn't think anything of it when I first got it, but now that I've looked at other 560's It looked like my hardtop was sitting too high. It's enough to put two fingers under. It also appears that the right side(facing the back of the car) is seated better than the left. Here are some pictures:

From the back driver side quarter panel.

Left side

Right side

From the back.

Any ideas?

·
Registered
85 300SL Euro,97 SL320,95 S420,07 S550
1,600 Posts
You are sure that you put the level/fastener switch inside down?

·
Registered
1988 560SL, 2005 BMW X3
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Actually, come to think of it, I think I screwed up the hard top replacement procedure.
In this picture:

It shows the safety lever in the position D when placing the hardtop on. When my brother and I put the hardtop back on, it's in position E. I'm guessing the pin isn't catching the hook when the pin is in the hole since the hook is at the side. Not allowing the top to come down when I put the safety lever back up. Now I realized I should look around before posting this.

I'll give it a shot tomorrow. It's going to be a high of 88° and it'd be nice to have the top down.

·
Registered
1986 560SL Red w/Blk
43 Posts
I have a 86 560. I am looking at a hard top to buy.Not sure what year/model it came from.Do they all fit?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts