Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2005 CLK 500 Cabriolet
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I recently ordered a 2008 CLK550 Cabrio to replace my 2005 CLK500, and ordered the handsfree communication option to get the bluetooth connectivity. However, it's not clear to me from the website if that option includes voice command/control. I believe it was a completely separate option from (or add on to) hands-free back on 2004 when I ordered my current car. There would be an additional steering wheel control stalk on the right side and you'd tap it to speak a voice command. I can see the stub where that stalk would otherwise go in my current car if I had gotten that option. Is it already there in an '07/'08 model if you get handsfree? Or is it not even available on the CLK?:confused:

·
Premium Member
2001 E320 - Brilliant Silver/Ash: 107,000+
17,193 Posts
I think that is ambiguous when you use the "Build your own" part of the website on a couple of other models. I would just ask your preferred dealer's salesperson.

·
Registered
2007 CLK 550 Coupe
24 Posts
Our salesperson was good at pushing buttons on the dealer's latte/cappuccino machine, but I had to guide him through the order process with a print out from the web site. Even then, he missed the Keyless Go option on the first pass. The dealer's order entry computer tech person was very competent and she straightened it all out.

MB's web site is very confusing when it comes to hands free, Sat, and other options. It was a much better experience ordering a new Lexus at the same time.

·
Registered
2005 CLK 500 Cabriolet
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes, I experienced the same thing regarding Keyless Go and, unfortunately, I found I knew a lot more about my car than the sales person does. I haven't bothered asking them about voice-activation because they didn't even understand the difference between the little shift "thumb-switches" on the steering wheel that come with the CLK550 standard vs. the shift "paddles" which are actually a cost option (something like $200 I think, and I ordered them). It's unfortunate when it's someone's business to know what they're selling, and the consumer knows more than they do.

·
Registered
2007 CLK 550 Coupe
24 Posts
I was at the dealer for service today. Saw an E63 on the floor with stickered option "Voice Control $500". Can't say what it means as I did not ask.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Just checked Netstar, Voice Control is not an orderable option on the '08's. There were some minor 'cutback's' on last year's C Class, in anticipation of the release of the new redesigned 08 C Class. Maybe it's being held back until next year's redesign for the CLK.????

·
Registered
56 Posts
miroj said:
Voice control has its own option code. Except for the W204 where it is part of the navigation ordering code. There is one type of W204 navigation with voice control and one without.

Again, World vs US Specs are often different. My statement is in reference to US models. I don't have access to Australia or Euro market specs.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts