Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

Does anyone know why I cannot “ burn wheels “ in my C 320 on acceleration.

2K views 15 replies 7 participants last post by  Scheissmeisser 
#1 ·

#4 ·
what kind of tire do you have on....

if its an OEM. replace it with a low profile tire and it will do the trick[;)]OEM is an all season tire AFAIK. and the low profile tire is harder than the OEM[;)]

#7 ·
Sorry;-)

OEM is a term the factory used on their Original Equipment Manufacturer or Material came with the car when you purchase it[;)]ie. tires,rims, lights, radio,brake pads, rotor and many more[:)][;)]

#8 ·
I have a Michelin Sport Pilot...

225/45ZR/17. I have C320 sport sedan and that is an OEM for that style.[:)][;)] and I did smoke it a couple of times[;)]
[:D][:D]

#9 ·
ESP can not be fully shut-off. i do know on bimers that if you hit the "dsc" button 5 ti...

ESP can not be fully shut-off. i do know on bimers that if you hit the "dsc" button 5 times, it'll completely shut-oof for nice burnouts(grandfathers 540i sport). i've tried in the E320 4matic(in the snow for drifting) and asked the dealer, they told me it can't shut off. but, really...i wouldn't put that stress on the drivetrain. its not geared low-enough or has real low torque. if your power-braking, thats not as bad. but never rev in nuetral and drop it to drive. your asking for a repair not covered by warranty.

#10 ·
here ya go buddy...

From the csportcoupe.com forum, also some folks suggest you may want to keep the ESP button on the dash ON, otherwise only one tire will likely spin.

How do I disabling Traction Control completely?

To start, the key must be removed from the ignition.
Insert the key and turn to position 1.
Immediately press and hold the trip odometer reset button until the instrument cluster beeps. There is no visual message, only an audio beep. Be patient, this takes around 40 seconds.
Press the lower menu button (it looks like two sheets of paper, the one with the writing in the background behind the blank one)
Press the up arrow button.
Press the "+" sign to disable the Traction System (turn "ON" test mode)
Start the engine, the traction system is now disabled.
To return to normal, remove the key and restart the engine. The traction control warning should no longer be in the cluster. If it is, shut the engine off and remove the key again. Then insert the key and turn to position 1. Note that the DYNO test screen is displayed immediately. Push the "-" button to enable the traction system (turn "OFF" test mode)

Note : When you first turn the key to position 1, ESP DYNO Test screen pops up, then after 1-2 seconds it may disappear while faults are displayed. If you weren't fast enough in pressing the "-" button before codes were displayed, just wait until all codes cycle by, then the ESP DYNO Test screen will reappear.

#11 ·
it can be, read below....

Also on the c-class, power braking is not possible as I believe it cuts the fuel off when you hit the brakes. I occationally left foot brake and it feels as if the car is chocking.

#12 ·
Why no burnouts?

too much traction/lack of torque.If you MUST,try a damp smooth area like a parking lot.FWIW,all burnouts do with street radial tires is make noisy smoke...the tires won't stick any better after warming up in the burnout box.
And you can toe the brakes at a standstill in order to start the tires spinning;the THROTTLE backs down if you touch the brakes while driving,so left-foot braking chops the power during normal driving.

#15 ·
yeah, more power always helps.[;)] i had fun with my uncle's c32 at the local viper meet...

yeah, more power always helps.[;)] i had fun with my uncle's c32 at the local viper meet in houston a few months ago. pretty good at powersliding it too. my best friend's dad is a member of the viper club. they liked having a fellow DiamlerChrysler car there. as good as the automatic is, it still hampered my times. nothing compares to a manual and that is where bmw has a slight edge. but thats another story and i don't like bimmers as much.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.