Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know where I can get a rear spoiler exactly like this one here? Perhaps the owner of

the car in this picture (sorry I posted your picture, I couldn't figure any other way to find out how to get this spoiler)? This is the exact spoiler I have to have on my car, it is perfect! I was wondering if anyone knows who makes this spoiler and where I can get it. <br>
<br>
http://64.225.43.158/P9080349b.jpg

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi, i'm the owner. i incl. the link from E-bay. He is the seller, Very good job. hope it help

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Re: Take off that AMG badge...you insult CLK55 owners.

I also have the AMG badge on my car and its because I have the AMG exhaust as well as other AMG parts. I don't think you should be insecure about 430's having the AMG emblem on their car unless you feel like a sucker for spending alot more money on a car that doesn't have a big advantage over the 430...

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Besides, in Germany, AMG puts the badge on cars that have the body kit installed afterwards...

I also have the exhaust. I think it will be cheezy if someone tries to mess with the CLK 430 to make it seem unique. As long as we leave the CLK430 there, I think it's fine. It just means the the CLK430 has some AMG parts.<br> <br> I know some idiot here in town who has an SLK230 but put an AMG badge and made the left side say SLK 30...that's something different.<br> <br>

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
AMG emblem

Arnee,<br> <br> Where did you buy your exhaust from and do you mind me asking how much you paid? <br> thanks<br> dan

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Whatever!!! Smile

I paid few dollars on the badage and you paid at least $20,000 more, for a few more HP. Smile

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Re: Whatever!!! Smile

At least you kept the '430' part on. It's just that there are lots of people that take that off and want people to think they have a CLK55.<br> <br> It's just that when I see mysterious CLKs (with no engine designation), the sport badge on the side, and an AMG badge on the rear, all it really says is poseur. <br> <br> Have fun,<br> Justin<br> <br>

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I'm just trying to limit poseurs, everyone should be happy with their vehicle.

My whole point is shortcomings that people have. If you have AMG parts, wheels, exhaust, ect. it is more than fine to have an AMG badge. I could not see Ron's entire car, but it looked to me as if he had a regular CLK430; I could be wrong and if so, I apoligize. I was probably too harsh considering he DID keep the '430' portion. Take BMW tuner Dinan for example: you must earn the badge by having a certain amount of Dinan parts on your vehicle. I saw a 330ci on the road with the '30ci' taken off and an M badge applied....it lessens the prestige of the M series and I felt that this case lessened the AMG brand.<br>
<br>
What bothers me is when people take off the third number or all of the numbers, as to trick people into thinking they have a complete AMG vehicle. I often see CLKs with AMG badges when their only AMG parts are the 17' wheels. You may do whatever you wish with your vehicle, but simply slapping an AMG badge on an regular Mercedes screams poseur loud and clear. I often see CLK (engine designation missing) AMGs with sport badges on the side.<br>
<br>
As a person waiting to take delivery on my own AMG, I feel no insecurities...only the smile on my face when the throttle is depressed.<br>
<br>
Regards,<br>
Justin

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I see what you mean. But all 430's have the AMG bodykit and wheels...isn't that enough? I agree

with you though when people are poseurs.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks for your suggestions!

Thanks to Frank and Tony for your suggestions and thanks to Ron for letting me know where you purchased the spoiler, its on order and soon to be on my 430 (also have the AMG sign coming, I don't care if it makes me a poser, I think it looks great). As for the people taking off the engine designation numbers off their cars, it just tells me is that they're driving a 320, but then thats not as bad as someone who takes off the 320 and replaces it with a 430 (you know who you are) =)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
You very Welocme. More....

I actually find out that the guy on E-bay use my picture on his auction. Smile. see link

G

·
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Well I took my CLK 430 emblem off and just left

the AMG badge the dealer slapped on. It looked way too busy with all that shit on the back. Besides 99% of the people around here have no clue at all even what AMG is or what it means, so I don't really care much myself. Now, putting a 55 emblem on is plain wrong.<br> <br> It would be kinda funny messing with the engine designation, though...like CLK 666 or or something like that.<br> <br>

G

·
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Re: Besides, in Germany, AMG puts the badge on cars that have the body kit installed afterwards...

you are right, when i ordered my 2000 430 in july of 1999 there was no clk 55. (it didnt become available until jan 2000) you could order the amg exhaust as an option. i did this. when my car came, it had the amg emblem on the trunk as pictured in the posted photo.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts