Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
w203
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When i drive, there has been a rubbing sound in the back of my car...and its strange cuz its not dropped yet.....my friends think its becuz my tires are two wide but when i bought my rims....i was told that even tho 19x9.5 in that rear are the maxed out size...it would still work.....has anyone out there had the same problem with the rims.....????what did u do to fix the problem????what should i do to fix my problem??? let me know....thanks

·
Registered
c230
158 Posts
rubbing

i have a c230 coupe with 19x8.5 front , and 19x9.5 rear...and mine is lowered...i have no problems...is the offset right...and depending on where the rubbing is...??? i think mine is a 40 offset...but i'll check...also what size tire r u using...? that could also be the cause i have 245/35/19...i was told that a 265/30/19 would fit..but after i see the 245 on my car i can't see how anything bigger then 245 will fit unless you roll the fenders...!!!

·
Registered
'01 C240
272 Posts
I think I replied a while back to you that youd prolly have rubbing w/you tire choice. ...

I think I replied a while back to you that youd prolly have rubbing w/you tire choice. You just need to roll/shave the fenders. I have ten in the rears and dropped and have done max roll/shave and removed the plastic piece around the fender line no rubbing.

·
Registered
w203
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Re: I think I replied a while back to you that youd prolly have rubbing w/you tire choice.

I think I replied a while back to you that youd prolly have rubbing w/you tire choice. You just need to roll/shave the fenders. I have ten in the rears and dropped and have done max roll/shave and removed the plastic piece around the fender line no rubbing.
Yeah, i have 265/30/19 tires in the back and i am pretty shur that there to wide......um do u have n e suggestions or thing u guys think i should look out for if i decide to roll the fenders (which i will prolly do)......where should i go? or how much should i expect to pay? what will rolling my fenders do to the look of my car? will it actually change any part of the outside appearance????.....let me kno....thanks

·
Registered
c230
158 Posts
rolling fenders

i would be really care with rolling the fenders...the proper tool must be used...go to a trusted body shop..and make sure they heat up the paint on the fender really good to reduce the chance of paint cracking...after your fender will not be as strong...even after the fender is rolled...the cracking may not be that easy to spot..so be EXTREMLY careful...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts