Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
692 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am trying to sort out the seat switches on my 1982 300SD. ( No memory/ no lumbar)
Driver's side--I broke the stalk off for the recline. I thought I could swap the post from another seat switch, but the inside of the seat switch for my '82 300SD has a different design than either the passenger side, or switches I got from a junk yard car. I cannot simply swap the broken switch post. Additionally, the switch is soldered to the wiring harness; there are no sockets to connect the switch to the wiring harness. Finally, there are 2 more wires ( red, and red w/ white stripe) in my car than on the later style switch w/ socket that I had hoped to replace it with.

Passenger side-- No function on recline, nor rear seat height. I have cleaned the switch as wellas replaced it w/ another switch w/ no change in operation.

Repair options. Has anyone drilled a tiny hole thru the center of a broken post and glued a tiny steel post inside the plastic one?

Thanks for any help!

·
Administratoris Emeritus
46,416 Posts
You can purchase a kit to put the proper plug on the seat switch harness in order to accommodate the new style switch, but it costs more than you'd probably want to spend. My best suggestion is for you to repost this in the w126 section -- I'm sure someone there could be more helpful.

Edit: Also, look here: http://www.benzworld.org/forums/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=1185674&posts=10&fid=24. You may find the wiring diagrams online.

·
Registered
692 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I THOUGHT I had posted this in the W126 forum; my mistake. I could not delete it after I started the thread.
I did post another version over there, thanks

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
About this Discussion
2 Replies
2 Participants
MS Fowler
Mercedes-Benz Forum
BenzWorld.org forum is one of the largest Mercedes-Benz owner websites offering the most comprehensive collection of Mercedes-Benz information anywhere in the world. The site includes MB Forums, News, Galleries, Publications, Classifieds, Events and much more!
Full Forum Listing