Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
did not realize that. but i think 30 dollars a month is more than enough for their company to be making dont you think?? most people only use it once. so i dont feel that bad if u catch my drift.

·
Registered
6,118 Posts
rules are rules....

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
Now Zedd,

You may be correct but I do believe it all depends on how the agreement is worded, usually it's for single user but that of course can include a family member or close relative. Considering were all related in some degree. It's arguable, that at long as money was not exchanged there was no difference running this search than running a search for a brother or son of the subscriber. It's possible that nothing illegal was done. It would be up to a court of law to determine what are the actual meets and bounds of the carfax agreement. I don't believe it has been challenged yet. IIRC were are all innocent until proven guilty by a court of law.

·
Banned
3,926 Posts
cheapold280ce, perhaps if you were to actually read the terms you would understand it.

https://secure.carfax.com/creditCard.cfx?vin=&partnerCode=GCF&partnerSiteLocation=X&checkReport=DEC&checkReportVersion=01&test=&suggest=N&fid=&affiliateId=0&subId=&bannerName=
I agree to pay a one-time charge of $39.99 (USD) plus applicable sales tax in the following states: CT, DC, HI, NJ, NM, NY, SC, SD, TX, WA and WV, according to my card issuer agreement. This 30 day Unlimited CARFAX Reports Plan is valid for 30 days from the date the first report is run, and is intended for my personal use only. Commercial use, resale and redistribution of CARFAX Reports is strictly prohibited. "Commercial Use" is defined as use by persons engaged in the business of researching, buying and/or selling of automobiles, the resale or redistribution of Reports, or any other business purpose as determined by CARFAX, Inc. Indicators of Commercial Use may include, an excessive number of reports run during a specific time period. ANY COMMERCIAL USE OF CARFAX VEHICLE HISTORY REPORTS IS STRICTLY PROHIBITED AND ANY SUSPECTED COMMERCIAL USE WILL LEAD TO THE SUSPENSION OF YOUR ACCOUNT, UNTIL YOU PROVIDE SUFFICIENT PROOF THAT YOUR USE IS PURELY PERSONAL; FAILURE TO DO SO PRIOR TO THE EXPIRATION OF YOUR ACCOUNT WILL RESULT IN THE DEACTIVATION OF YOUR ACCOUNT, WITHOUT REFUND AND MAY RESULT IN LEGAL ACTION. PROOF OF PERSONAL USE MAY INCLUDE; DETAILING HOW YOU ARE USING THE CARFAX ACCOUNT AND SPECIFIC EXAMPLES OF THE SITES OR LOCATIONS WHERE YOU ARE FINDING THE VEHICLES THAT ARE BEING OFFERED FOR SALE. THE DETERMINATION OF PERSONAL USE IS AT THE SOLE DISCRETION OF CARFAX, INC. WE RESERVE THE RIGHT TO IMPOSE, AND YOU AGREE TO PAY TO CARFAX, INC., AN ADDITIONAL CHARGE OF $29.99 FOR EACH CARFAX VEHICLE HISTORY REPORT THAT CARFAX, INC. DEEMS WAS ACCESSED FOR COMMERCIAL PURPOSES.
I agree that my CARFAX Report purchase also shall be governed by all the Terms and Conditions of use of the CARFAX Web Site. If you purchased the Unlimited Account and are not 100% satisfied you qualify for a refund if:
> You have not, nor has any member of your household, received a refund from CARFAX within the last 12 months.
> You have run two or less CARFAX Reports on the Account.
> Your refund is requested within 30 days of purchase.
> A refund will not be provided if you have used the CARFAX Report or service for commercial purposes or otherwise violated the terms of use.
CARFAX.com Terms and Definitions
CARFAX offers you access to the Site and to the Content available on the Site solely for your own personal and non-commercial use.
Posting Carfax requests is an official endorsement for fraud against their business.

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
Zedd,
Knowledge is everything your right.

what he should have done is got his own unlimited account then run his own carfax report and then claim he was not satisfied.

If you purchased the Unlimited Account and are not 100% satisfied you qualify for a refund if:
> You have not, nor has any member of your household, received a refund from CARFAX within the last 12 months.
> You have run two or less CARFAX Reports on the Account.
> Your refund is requested within 30 days of purchase.
> A refund will not be provided if you have used the CARFAX Report or service for commercial purposes or otherwise violated the terms of use.

Looks like carfax gives out two free reports a year per family to me......

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
I use 5w40 year-round in Alaska. Make sure you get a good diesel-grade oil, like Shell Rotella, Mobil 1 turbo diesel truck, etc.

It's amazing how much nicer these cars start when you run synthetic oil in them. I also put synthetic oil in the differential - the car doesn't seem like it is glued down in subzero temps now.

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
Every 3k miles, or twice a year - whichever comes first.

Throughout its life, my car ran either Rotella or Delvac oil, though from the car's records it appears Rotella was used more often.

I had to pull off the oil pan last year, and I could not believe how clean the internals were! No sludge, no residue - if you didn't know any better, you would have thought the lower engine parts were new and just installed recently. The car has over 215k on it.

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
Are you just messing around with this thread djqani?:D

If you're trying to get Lance worked up, ask about black diesel, hydrogen generators and WVO ... perhaps a combination of them.

How about a timer valve that meters off used motor oil from the crank case direct to the fuel tank where it can automatically blend into black diesel.:D

j/k

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
wow how does that work? I assume this eliminates the need to change oil since you burn off all the bad oil. Guess you also need a timer to add fresh oil from a fresh oil tank. That sound really good for the enviornment no dirty oil to get rid of.

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
wow how does that work? I assume this eliminates the need to change oil since you burn off all the bad oil. Guess you also need a timer to add fresh oil from a fresh oil tank. That sound really good for the enviornment no dirty oil to get rid of.
Oh yeah, good point, you need a fresh oil tank to keep it topped off.:D Just get a jug of oil and run a hose through the cap. When it's empty, replace the jug.:D

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
lolll, hey gents check this set of 14s i purchased with the hubcaps and some pretty good tires for $100. i want to paint them to match my 300d and i was wondering what kind of paint would work best and if i should use primer or not. thank you guys!!

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
Nice find.:cool: If I were to paint hubbies, I'd mask them off with tape since I don't have the MB masking tool that JimmyL has a pic of. Then I'd use an etching primer, topcoat and clear coat.

It doesn't look like MB used any primer, but I can't tell for sure. It sure chips off easily which is why I'd clear it and hope that would make it last longer.

Here's the masking tool:
Mercedes-Benz Special Tool Number Reference

Cool Cool Cool!!!!

115 589 42 63 00
Wheel Cover Masking Tool

No Longer Available! Samstag Sales sold
the last one off the self from Germany!
NOT cool!!:(

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
1 - 20 of 27 Posts