Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1984 Mercedes 300D Euro Spec
467 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ordered a classic certificate for my 300D but received the wrong certificate. I called the classic center and they said they don't need the wrong certificate. I don't need it and so whoever owns this 560SEC can have it for free if they pay to ship it. These certificates cost $125 from the classic center and all you have to do is put your name on it over mine. message me if you want it.

·
Premium Member
2012 CL550 4MATIC Coupe
9,993 Posts
Are you talking about the "High Mileage Award"?

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It is not the high mileage award. It is basically the cars birth certificate. Has all the information about the car from when it left the factory. I will try to post a picture of it.

·
Premium Member
2012 CL550 4MATIC Coupe
9,993 Posts
I see, kewl. Looking forward to it. It cost you $150.00? From MB? I thought you could get that for free from MB? Or is it is on nice paper and a binder like the HMC?

·
Registered
1983 500 SEC Lorinser 1971 280se w108
1,963 Posts
Wouldnt it be so cool if the owner of that car was on here and saw that!

·
Premium Member
2012 CL550 4MATIC Coupe
9,993 Posts
It would be waay cooler if it was my car!

·
Premium Member
2012 CL550 4MATIC Coupe
9,993 Posts
I am sure they are going to correct their error... No?

·
Banned
a device that is designed or used to transport people or cargo.
14,116 Posts
So they don't want the mistake back and you are going to eat the 125.00? Am I missing something?
sounds like they are sending him a corrected one, and do not want to bother with getting this one back, so if the person with that wrong vin is here and paying attention, he gets the cert for free with the wrong name on it :)

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
So they don't want the mistake back and you are going to eat the 125.00? Am I missing something?
They don't want the mistake back because it has my name already on it. I called them today and they apologized and are sending me the correct certificate at no extra cost:)

·
SuperModerator
1986/1990 W126
14,339 Posts
Thats a very considerate offer. Just as an aside, as Mclare said you can write to Stuttgart and get it for free. I wrote off and got mine with a nice letter saying they were pleased the car was still giving good service. The sheet itself was very unexciting, just similar to the sort of print out you would get from the VIN site really. But my car came with few extras compared to many so maybe thats why.

I wonder if the classic centre one is nicer and shows more details.

·
Registered
`81 W123 280E, `83 W126 280SE, `85 W126 280SE, `91 W126 500SE, `96 W202 C180T, `99 W202 C220CDI
511 Posts
...you can write to Stuttgart and get it for free. I wrote off and got mine with a nice letter saying they were pleased the car was still giving good service. The sheet itself was very unexciting, just similar to the sort of print out you would get from the VIN site really. But my car came with few extras compared to many so maybe thats why...
Whow...I did not know that! Can you give me the e-mail adress from there?

I wish to have some certificates for my cars too...:thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
2012 CL550 4MATIC Coupe
9,993 Posts
Thats a very considerate offer. Just as an aside, as Mclare said you can write to Stuttgart and get it for free. I wrote off and got mine with a nice letter saying they were pleased the car was still giving good service. The sheet itself was very unexciting, just similar to the sort of print out you would get from the VIN site really. But my car came with few extras compared to many so maybe thats why.

I wonder if the classic centre one is nicer and shows more details.
As far as I know the only two things you can get for free from Benz is the High Mileage Award and a complete datacard and VIN history report and you can get both of those from the dealership or the MBCC.

·
SuperModerator
1986/1990 W126
14,339 Posts
Dan, email doesnt work, i tried it. I'll see if i can find the address i wrote to, but if you want to you could search it out. I got it from this site i think.

Mclare, whats a VIN history? Sounds interesting.

·
Registered
84 500SEL AMG, 90 560SEC AMG, 85 500SEC AMG Widebody
1,823 Posts
Birth Certificates, like the OP ordered/received, are very very nice and come in a nice black fabric covered heavy portfolio. The left side page, when opened, shows the option listing the car came with. The right side page has ornate border detail and shows the VIN, Engine #, Tranny #, original dealer it was sold through and a few other details. Very formal and nice - far from a letter from MB.

I got one for my 1961 W111 coupe show car that I sold to buy my 84 SEL. I will order one for my SEL next year.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts