Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1994 Mercedes E320 wagons (2)
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
See my picture of the transmission rear case as an example. Notice there is the yellow colored parking interlock guide. There should be a parking interlocking rod with a roller bearing that should be connected to the parking interlock guide. Where are the parking interlocking rod and the roller bearing located? Are they both inside or outside of the rear transmission? I have seen several diagrams does not show the specific locations of the three parts on the transmission.

I thought by looking at pictures of the fully functional and all of its parts on Rear transmission without the housing case would help me to find out what is missing on my rear transmission by making comparisons of the two. Comments, feedback, advice is greatly appreciated. Thanks to all for reading.

Attachments

·
Registered
1994 Mercedes E320 wagons (2)
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I finally figured out the parking interlock guide with the rod and roller bearing attached. When I put the replacement gear selector bracket on the transmission gear selector, I moved up and down on the gear selector. Sure enough the rod went high enough for me to put the roller bearing inside the rod and put in the parking interlock guide inside the rod. Then pushed in parking interlock guide inside the two holes for its placement and secured. Live and learn.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts